Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Last year I posted this. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/594614-sad-tale-early-holiday-silver.html

The jewelry store had the same event again this weekend.
I couldn't stand it so between my own customers I started asking people if they were headed to the estate event. Many ignored me. Some said yes and two stopped to listen as I told them I'd give them a fair price if they'd give me a chance.

One lady came back with her now noticeably less full container of coins. I think the estate guys cherry picked the good ones. We'll never know for sure.

The lady was in a hurry and I was busy at my own business. (Pet related, not coins or collectibles)

I didn't expect foreign coins so I was perplexed. Clearly some contain silver as they had that silver "ring."

Problem is I don't know what most of them are or how to track them down from this one crappy photo. This is all she would allow.

Any help will be appreciated. coins 178.JPG

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
What is the jewelers “event”? I’d be tempted to take the day off work and set up a table with a sign saying “I’ll pay more for your old coins than the jeweler!”

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell what is in your photo but they look mostly foreign. If it was me, I would let it go since someone else already cleaned out anything good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread