Impossible to Dump Coins - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Impossible to Dump Coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    888 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Can we all just agree at this point that CRHing is not something that would be considered an essential service and stop going to the banks?

Even if you aren't concerned about your safety, the tellers and other people you come in contact with might be.

Generally, the people on this site tend to skew into the higher risk age ranges as well, it would be good to isolate. This is only the beginning.
    FormerTeller and gold panner like this.
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

us
    Apr 2011
    1341 times
    Glen beat me to it. Tellers are stressed enough as it is. Continuing to attempt to CRH, especially dumping, is going to wear out our welcome pretty freaking quick!
    gold panner likes this.

May 2017
    Garrett AT Pro
    391 times
    Metal Detecting
    I agree and have stopped my pickups and dumps, just not worth it right now. Sitting on a bunch of coins I would like to get rid of, but I don’t really need the cash right now. Hey, we are just not spending as much money as usual while we are stuck at home. Besides, I would never forgive myself if my trips to the bank somehow spread the virus to my wife or to my tellers. Again the chance for silver, or W quarters, or wheaties, or whatever just isn’t worth it.
    bertmaster2000 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3550 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    I agree and have stopped my pickups and dumps, just not worth it right now. Sitting on a bunch of coins I would like to get rid of, but I don’t really need the cash right now. Hey, we are just not spending as much money as usual while we are stuck at home. Besides, I would never forgive myself if my trips to the bank somehow spread the virus to my wife or to my tellers. Again the chance for silver, or W quarters, or wheaties, or whatever just isn’t worth it.
    Won’t matter. Most of us are already carrying this and have been for years.
    airborne1092 likes this.

us
    Nov 2009
    Upstate NY
    My eyes
    707 times
    Use a coinstar and choose giftcard from a grocery store, no fee. Gonna be buying groceries, right?
    2015 stash - 40 ounces
    Silver Eagles - 1
    War Nickels - 20
    Merc's - 39
    Rosies - 39
    Washingtons - 28
    Walkers - 21
    90% Kens - 36
    40% Kens - 72
    Canadian dimes - 36

May 2017
    Garrett AT Pro
    391 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cdickrun64 View Post
    Use a coinstar and choose giftcard from a grocery store, no fee. Gonna be buying groceries, right?
    Unfortunately, the Coinstars in my town don’t offer gift cards for grocery stores.

us
    Feb 2012
    2945 times
    Coin roll hunting

Impossible to Dump Coins

All of my banks that I could DUMP into a coin machine, the lobbies are closed, only drive thru are avail. This virus has definitely put a dampener on the hobby. I'm doing very very little, but still CRH when possible. It's not getting my DIME BOXES that's the problem, it's the rerolling and drop off at the banks.

And YES I'm still around, just don't have wifi at home to check all your postings & finds. Our local McDonald's lobby is closed so no wifi. I'll visit TN site when I can. Happy hunting, DozerD
    Last edited by Dozer D; May 21, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3550 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer D View Post
    All of my banks that I could DUMP into a coin machine, the lobbies are closed, only drive thru are avail. This virus has definitely put a dampener on the hobby. I'm doing very very little, but still CRH when possible. It's not getting my DIME BOXES that's the problem, it's the rerolling and drop off at the banks.

And YES I'm still around, just don't have wifi at home to check all your postings & finds. Our local McDonald's lobby is closed so no wifi. I'll visit TN site when I can. Happy hunting, DozerD
    Have you tried connecting to McD WiFi outside?

us
    Sep 2008
    Inland NW
    Ace 250
    144 times
    I have just the opposite problem. I can dump coins vis a vis coin machines in lobbies directly into my accounts, I just can't find any virgin soil to spoil. I feel like I keep getting rolls and boxes of dumps.

To wit, I went through $200 of nickels and 95% were 2019D fresh out of a mint roll with several 1979 - 1996 cut in thinly. Bank boxes of quarters i've been through alomst $3000 in the past 3 weeks, with many fresh from the mint. no complaints there, I've found 11 Weir farm Ws that are essentially uncirculated but have come out of a roll already. I've picked up about $1000 in individual rolled halves, and many are 71/72/77/78 or bicentennials many with counter stamps and all in great shape. I feel like I missed out on a good collection dump and the Ag was already harvested.

no problems dumping here, just issues with finding a big white whale.
    fistfulladirt likes this.
    -Airborne1092

bellum est praesto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links