Impossible to Dump Coins

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Where I live there are 5 branches of my dump bank, and as of Monday they shut down 4 of them to walk in traffic and only have drive through open at 2 of them. I called and asked if i could deposit coins(boxes of halves) and was told no. Went to the only open walk in branch and was allowed to dump 2 boxes and that is it for at least the month of April. They said they had no room for any more boxes and they would not accept them at all. Once the shut down was over, they would resume taking my boxes as they have been for years. I will have to see if any of the branches over 60 miles away will be open as I still have 4 more boxes of halves to get rid of and my cash back into my pocket. How are others doing with this virus shutdown. Might have to just hold off for a while till things get back to semi normal.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All of my banks that I could DUMP into a coin machine, the lobbies are closed, only drive thru are avail. This virus has definitely put a dampener on the hobby. I'm doing very very little, but still CRH when possible. It's not getting my DIME BOXES that's the problem, it's the rerolling and drop off at the banks.

And YES I'm still around, just don't have wifi at home to check all your postings & finds. Our local McDonald's lobby is closed so no wifi. I'll visit TN site when I can. Happy hunting, DozerD

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All of my banks that I could DUMP into a coin machine, the lobbies are closed, only drive thru are avail. This virus has definitely put a dampener on the hobby. I'm doing very very little, but still CRH when possible. It's not getting my DIME BOXES that's the problem, it's the rerolling and drop off at the banks.

And YES I'm still around, just don't have wifi at home to check all your postings & finds. Our local McDonald's lobby is closed so no wifi. I'll visit TN site when I can. Happy hunting, DozerD
Have you tried connecting to McD WiFi outside?

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just the opposite problem. I can dump coins vis a vis coin machines in lobbies directly into my accounts, I just can't find any virgin soil to spoil. I feel like I keep getting rolls and boxes of dumps.

To wit, I went through $200 of nickels and 95% were 2019D fresh out of a mint roll with several 1979 - 1996 cut in thinly. Bank boxes of quarters i've been through alomst $3000 in the past 3 weeks, with many fresh from the mint. no complaints there, I've found 11 Weir farm Ws that are essentially uncirculated but have come out of a roll already. I've picked up about $1000 in individual rolled halves, and many are 71/72/77/78 or bicentennials many with counter stamps and all in great shape. I feel like I missed out on a good collection dump and the Ag was already harvested.

no problems dumping here, just issues with finding a big white whale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions