Coin "shortage" - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Coin "shortage"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    4,505
    2084 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt0222 View Post
    Hey can’t complain about BU unless your not looking for any
    Nope strictly 90 & 40. Last year I got full boxes of 2019 BU. I gave up for a while. Might have been able to sell on feebay but not enough profit.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

  2. #17
    us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

    Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    3,887
    7575 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    can't buy me Love ----- OR -----MONEY.
    put $900 in P,N,& Q back in the pond---- unable to buy ANYTHING

    have $7 in pennies to hunt tonight--- after that--- maybe I'll try counting acorns in a forest to bide my time
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

  3. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    11,449
    3549 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    “Sorry, we’re not accepting coin, there’s a shortage.”

  4. #19

    Sep 2012
    Michigan
    791
    247 times
    reading, writing, Coin Collection
    As a cashier trust me when I say the coinstar useage has NOT gone down. it's actually gone up. Our machine is being filled every 2-3 days with everyone bringing change in. I heard, though it was a rumor, that the florida mint was shut down due to covid. I don't understand that at all. We have made and printed so much money that the dollar bill and pennies are lower in value. I'm thinking this is a test to see how many people will switch to cashless, ie credit and debit cards, so we can be monitored better. I mean forget the paper trail, try the electronic trail that anyone can really watch. I haven't been able to coin roll hunt for years with the market being saturated with coin hounds. I haven't seen a buffalo nickel or war nickel in 5 yrs. The only silver I'm getting is the occasional coinstar find or someone giving it to me in change.

    Take care everyone! #LoveYourFaces

  5. #20
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,355
    1978 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GarouLady View Post
    As a cashier trust me when I say the coinstar useage has NOT gone down. it's actually gone up. Our machine is being filled every 2-3 days with everyone bringing change in. I heard, though it was a rumor, that the florida mint was shut down due to covid. I don't understand that at all. We have made and printed so much money that the dollar bill and pennies are lower in value. I'm thinking this is a test to see how many people will switch to cashless, ie credit and debit cards, so we can be monitored better. I mean forget the paper trail, try the electronic trail that anyone can really watch. I haven't been able to coin roll hunt for years with the market being saturated with coin hounds. I haven't seen a buffalo nickel or war nickel in 5 yrs. The only silver I'm getting is the occasional coinstar find or someone giving it to me in change.

    Take care everyone! #LoveYourFaces
    Florida mint? I presume you are referring to the Federal Reserve Branches (Jacksonville and Miami) which are part of the Atlanta District. Yes, they would have been closed during the initial Stay at Home orders. But that would only effect the new coins from being disbursed. People need to understand that all FRN(s) and coin don't get cycled through the Reserve Branches. Most of the disbursed coin/currency is constantly recycled by the couriers in a service district. What I believe the shortage is a result of is the furloughing of workers at the couriers. They kept a skeleton crew to continue to service their "essential business" customers drawing from a stockpile of already boxed coin. Once the stockpile is exhausted, they didn't have the staff to process coin that was returned and the Reserve branches were closed to draw new coin from.

  6. #21
    us
    Dec 2010
    SW Oregon
    26
    21 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I did my banking yesterday and got a change order. The teller told me they are limiting quarters to 10 rolls, dimes to 4 and nickels to 5 rolls. Also stated she did not know if the availability would last.

    The other disturbing shortage is kegs of beer. Bud has caught up and evidently Coors will next week (here). Can't get many smaller brands such as Blue Moon.

    Hell of a time we are living in.

  7. #22
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14,189
    20096 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've been saving all "in change" coins for years - sort of a separate savings account.

    I do need to go to town tomorrow, so just for good will I'm thinking of depositing all my pounds of coins into my account - I got a good bank here, faithful to me.

    Won't be any silver or wheaties in my deposit, so you won't get anything from me. I also save copper cents, so they're all clad cents.....
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  8. #23
    us
    Feb 2007
    Northern Arizona
    Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil Gold Bug 2
    528
    221 times
    I'm able to order and receive my 2 boxes of halves again, the teller said anything else is hard to get, but not halves.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  9. #24

    May 2018
    Cornville, AZ
    Garrett AT MAX
    75
    140 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    as long as i bring a trade in box i get no hassle. The new boxes ive been getting are all new coins though. 2019 - 2020. atleast i can look for W and S..... pretty boring going through new coins for me.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  10. #25
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14,189
    20096 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb187 View Post
    as long as i bring a trade in box i get no hassle. The new boxes ive been getting are all new coins though. 2019 - 2020. atleast i can look for W and S..... pretty boring going through new coins for me.
    I presume "S" is San Francisco mint. What's the "W" all about?

    I guess I've been hiding up the holler too long, missing out on the real world lately.....

    Edit: Oh, just realized the bank won't be open today, it's July 4th.... How could I forget? It's my birthday, at least at 5:55 pm! And it's a bloody holiday....
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Jul 04, 2020 at 03:10 AM.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  11. #26
    us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2,195
    3597 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    W - West Point mint.

    And Happy Birthday and many more.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  12. #27
    us
    Wood Butcher

    Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    975
    1328 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The teller sitting in front of the local WF said coin deliveries from Loomis dropped from $9,500.00 per week to $750.
    I thought with so much unemployment people might be having to cash in their piggy banks early, instead of waiting till Christmas. But evidently that hasn't happened yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    I presume "S" is San Francisco mint. What's the "W" all about?

    I guess I've been hiding up the holler too long, missing out on the real world lately.....

    Edit: Oh, just realized the bank won't be open today, it's July 4th.... How could I forget? It's my birthday, at least at 5:55 pm! And it's a bloody holiday....
    LOL. You sound surprised?
    (Isn't your birthday the same "bloody holiday" on the same day every year? LOL. )
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

  13. #28
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    11,449
    3549 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    I thought with so much unemployment people might be having to cash in their piggy banks early, instead of waiting till Christmas. But evidently that hasn't happened yet.
    ’Round here they haven’t opened the lobbies yet. Appointments need to be made for access. To me that’s a bit prohibitive.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  14. #29

    May 2018
    Cornville, AZ
    Garrett AT MAX
    75
    140 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    whats everyones plans to keep busy while we have the coin shortage?

  15. #30
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,355
    1978 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb187 View Post
    whats everyones plans to keep busy while we have the coin shortage?
    Hasn't had an effect on me. Still searching boxes and dumping coin.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2018, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 06, 2012, 08:11 AM
  4. Slim pickins today...silver "Roosie", "Buff", "wheaties" and "Yikes"!
    By lorraine in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 02, 2009, 05:36 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0