The sky is falling
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By silveraddict
  • 4 Post By Diver_Down
  • 2 Post By enamel7
  • 2 Post By Dozer D
  • 4 Post By fistfulladirt
  • 3 Post By jrf30

Thread: The sky is falling

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Jan 2016
    421
    866 times

    The sky is falling

    So, do you think that was the big bull run?
    Or, is this just a big August correction with a great opportunity to buy.
    Personally I think the bull will run again.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,350
    1970 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silveraddict View Post
    So, do you think that was the big bull run?
    Or, is this just a big August correction with a great opportunity to buy.
    Personally I think the bull will run again.
    We watched it languish in the teens for years. And in the last month, we witnessed what seemed like a new daily high. There was a pullback today, but it currently is still at $25/oz. It will continue to add value with small retractions here and there. Patience.

  3. #3
    us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Gold
    6,299
    2492 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's just a correction.
    2020 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

    Wheats..53
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-2
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 0
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

  4. #4
    us
    Feb 2012
    3,185
    2913 times
    Coin roll hunting

    The sky is falling

    I hope that I can sell at $30 and not look back as "could-a , would-a, should-a". We may not see this level again, at least in my remaining lifetime (now 74). Sell while the iron is HOT.
    Last edited by Dozer D; Aug 15, 2020 at 09:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    11,387
    3482 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This is the third run I’ve seen since 1979. I doubt I would ever sell, would take at least $60-80 for me to take interest then I’d unload only scrap. Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price.

  6. #6

    May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    1,783
    242 times
    "Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price." But there is a problem with that logic. If it went to $50 in 1979 as the high before coming down, that would be one thing. But it was MANIPULATED to that $50, in a VERy short period of time, through a massive cornering of the market that can't even HAPPEN today. it was not worth $50 in 1979, as much as it is not worth $150 today. IN the future, maybe, but not today.

    Another way to put it ... Toilet paper was selling for $5 a ROLL for a week or so in March or April around around here, on craigslist. ANd some people PAID it, because they were desperate. But, if toilet paper, which is back to normal pricing now at what? 50 cents a roll? If it were to go up from where we are now to twice the price, people shouldn't say it is still undervalued because it sold at $5 a roll. that was a fake price, caused by a unique situation, and can't be used as a barometer of where a top should be. It was just artificial. As was the silver price when the Hunts did their dirty work.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    11,387
    3482 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrf30 View Post
    "Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price." But there is a problem with that logic. If it went to $50 in 1979 as the high before coming down, that would be one thing. But it was MANIPULATED to that $50, in a VERy short period of time, through a massive cornering of the market that can't even HAPPEN today. it was not worth $50 in 1979, as much as it is not worth $150 today. IN the future, maybe, but not today.

    Another way to put it ... Toilet paper was selling for $5 a ROLL for a week or so in March or April around around here, on craigslist. ANd some people PAID it, because they were desperate. But, if toilet paper, which is back to normal pricing now at what? 50 cents a roll? If it were to go up from where we are now to twice the price, people shouldn't say it is still undervalued because it sold at $5 a roll. that was a fake price, caused by a unique situation, and can't be used as a barometer of where a top should be. It was just artificial. As was the silver price when the Hunts did their dirty work.
    Agreed. Manipulation, just like the markets today, although my comment was based on the devaluation of the dollar, not rigged markets.

  8. #8
    us
    Martiobarbuli

    May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1,288
    2056 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I was very happy for the temporary dip and used the opportunity to buy more physical and call options.

    I'm not selling or trading bullion for anything until I see solid triple-digits/oz, and then only when I can trade up into good land and other income producing assets. At 33 I'll never save squat in fiat ever again and hope to use the silver hoard as both savings and multi-generational wealth to be passed down if I can hold onto it. At this moment i'm already up 5-figures (unrealized) on the cheap silver ETF calls I got earlier in Spring and which have until Dec/Jan to keep getting juicier. Fake garbage manipulated electronic/paper silver rehypothecated 100 to 1 is how I'm playing the game and profiting, the real stuff is extremely precious and stays buried away.

    As to jrf30's very mainstream "approved" understanding of "the Hunts and their dirty work", the Hunts were longtime goldbugs and critics of fiat monetary policy, and merely realized that much more paper appeared to trade in the silver pit next to them than existed in reality, so they called the BS and stood for delivery on that too. That ain't manipulation, it was actually an attempt to destroy the metals manipulation which was obscuring the devaluation and destruction of our then 9-year-old unbacked fiat dollar! Most people are brainwashed with the bankster-supported mainstream narrative painting the hunts as somehow criminal, but they were almost the heroes we needed to help destroy the debt-fiat-slavery system. The Hunts were the good guys who lost, and the malevolent victors wrote the false history many apparently blindly adhere to.

  9. #9
    us
    Jul 2013
    SoCal
    1,173
    356 times
    Garage Sales/ CRH
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbata View Post
    I was very happy for the temporary dip and used the opportunity to buy more physical and call options.

    I'm not selling or trading bullion for anything until I see solid triple-digits/oz, and then only when I can trade up into good land and other income producing assets. At 33 I'll never save squat in fiat ever again and hope to use the silver hoard as both savings and multi-generational wealth to be passed down if I can hold onto it. At this moment i'm already up 5-figures (unrealized) on the cheap silver ETF calls I got earlier in Spring and which have until Dec/Jan to keep getting juicier. Fake garbage manipulated electronic/paper silver rehypothecated 100 to 1 is how I'm playing the game and profiting, the real stuff is extremely precious and stays buried away.

    BUY THE DIP! I did for sure. Bought gold call options after the fed announcement Thursday, and they printed hard on Friday. Was up 50% when I cashed out. If I had the balls I would be holding long call options on SLV and GLD (but taking note of the extremely high IV on SLV currently). In steady I am just stocking up with a few thousand physical ounces. Physical was trading at +1/oz wholesale a week ago, absolutely insane. This is a great opportunity to re-buy before the next leg up. I would not be surprised if we see $2300 gold and $40+ silver by the end of the year.

    In march, SPY puts went from $0.06c each, to over $10 each. When the house of cards come tumbling down here after the election and when metals take their next leg up, there is going to be some serious money to be made by those who are prepared.

    I'd also like to note the sporadic run of RH from 6k/oz in January to over 14k/oz in pre-covid march, to a short-term low of $3k/oz, now trading above 10k/oz. WOW.

    Lastly, do not forget about our friend PT. One of the greatest and most undervalued assets right now. Lagging in the recent run up of metals, it is soon to play catch up. The manufacturing plants switched from Pd to Pt about a year ago. It takes 3-5 years for the line to completely make the switch. One they do, the demand will be flipped completely for Pt. Would not be surprised to see $2000/2500 pt in the next 3-4 years.
    You're never know it all... Keep an open mind and keep learning.

    eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryandwatchoutlet

    ^ Putting myself through college, wish me luck

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The sky is falling
    By namster in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 03, 2012, 08:01 AM
  2. The Art of Falling Apart
    By Ray S S in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 30, 2012, 02:04 PM
  3. the sky is falling - the sky is falling - 10k & S/S spinner- 21sec. video
    By gravediggermax-vabeachva in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2011, 09:58 AM
  4. falling behind...........
    By Marc(NB) in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 05, 2010, 05:50 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0