Created A Monster

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Sorry. Sounds like you'll have to start cookin and cleanin haha, kidding. BTW its not a monster till its $1000 a day habit LOL, kindof like gambling only this was you get to keep the rejects. HH Mark

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
ME_CO said:
Sorry. Sounds like you'll have to start cookin and cleanin haha, kidding. BTW its not a monster till its $1000 a day habit LOL, kind of like gambling only this was you get to keep the rejects. HH Mark
It is like gambling. You get small pays along the way and a jackpot now and then. But if you don't hit your money comes back out to let you try again.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
awhitster said:
ME_CO said:
Sorry. Sounds like you'll have to start cookin and cleanin haha, kidding. BTW its not a monster till its $1000 a day habit LOL, kind of like gambling only this was you get to keep the rejects. HH Mark
It is like gambling. You get small pays along the way and a jackpot now and then. But if you don't hit your money comes back out to let you try again.

You bet!
Cured my wife of those damn slots!

OP
OP
T

trevilians01

Greenie
Mar 9, 2007
She got her first $1,000 worth the other day of halves. Tally is one Ben and 20 40%'s. She has been spending the other halves at stores and restaurants and they love them! A sad note is one kid at a McDonald's needed to know how much they were worth as money! A good note is people in line behind her see them and want to buy some. Another grand is due next week. We will deposit what is left of the first bunch.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
trevilians01 said:
A sad note is one kid at a McDonald's needed to know how much they were worth as money!
I went to the PO and went to pay with Ike dollars. The lady didn't know what they were. She read both sides and said, I've worked here 30 years and this is the first time in my life I have seen one of these. 50+ years old and never seen an Ike. Unbelievable.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awhitster said:
...I went to the PO and went to pay with Ike dollars. The lady didn't know what they were. She read both sides and said, I've worked here 30 years and this is the first time in my life I have seen one of these. 50+ years old and never seen an Ike.

I would believe it at my PO not an "English as a first language" speaker in the place.

OP
OP
T

trevilians01

Greenie
Mar 9, 2007
Another grand this week and the total is up to seventy 40%'s, nine 90%'s, and 2 Ben's. A word of caution. Two rolls were short for a total of three coins. Count them! Our bank made it right. And these were Reserve rolled coins!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Short rolls are another form of tax haha- I usually get enough long rolls that it evens out somewhat.
BTW nice totals for a grand- I've gone through 5 grand this week for way less.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trevilians01 said:
Another grand this week and the total is up to seventy 40%'s, nine 90%'s, and 2 Ben's. A word of caution. Two rolls were short for a total of three coins. Count them! Our bank made it right. And these were Reserve rolled coins!
Looks like you have enough to add a sig line below every post. ;D

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperpump said:
...I wish my wife would join in...
My wife tolerates it when I do my "banking" so every now and then I show her my spreadsheet that calculates the dollar value of the silver found. She will mention that I would probably make more working for min wage at mc donalds >:( I would probably get fired for always checking all the coins in the registers. ;D

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TV.....welcome.....there have been many monsters created in this forum so I know exactly what your talking about. It looks like ya'll are doing well. Keep up the good work & the stash will continue to grow.

BTW - If it gets out of hand, I know a good therapist.....ha! Keep plugging........

Happy Holidays

OP
OP
T

trevilians01

Greenie
Mar 9, 2007
Another 2 G this week and her total is now 5 Bens, 13 64's, and 120 40%'s. I think I hurt my back taking the rejects to the dumping bank.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
trevilians01 said:
Another 2 G this week and her total is now 5 Bens, 13 64's, and 120 40%'s. I think I hurt my back taking the rejects to the dumping bank.

Good going, doing very well for such a short time at it.

Why don't you put her totals in your sig line?

OP
OP
T

trevilians01

Greenie
Mar 9, 2007
She had an amazing week this time. One Walker! And the best is one box that was producing between 3 and 7 coins from lots of rolls!!! She freaked out! She threw out my list of finds but it is now over 400.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread