Question on finding SILVER. JUST FOR FUN

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This question has popped up before, but : When your checking a box of coins looking for silver, would you prefer to find one early in the box which causes the adrenaline to start pumping & hope for more and feel terrible when there's no others, OR, find a silver in the last few rolls, and say thank you for not being a Skunk.
Many times I find AG in the first 1-3rolls, but really feel dejected when there's no other in the box. Then there's times when it looks like it's going to be a SKUNK box, and finally catch a silver in the last roll, WHAT A RELIEF.
Your comments, just for FUN.

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This question has popped up before, but : When your checking a box of coins looking for silver, would you prefer to find one early in the box which causes the adrenaline to start pumping & hope for more and feel terrible when there's no others, OR, find a silver in the last few rolls, and say thank you for not being a Skunk.
Many times I find AG in the first 1-3rolls, but really feel dejected when there's no other in the box. Then there's times when it looks like it's going to be a SKUNK box, and finally catch a silver in the last roll, WHAT A RELIEF.

Since I'm in the hobby for the thrill of the hunt, I had no preference as to when I found any silver if any. I look at it like fishing. Some days you catch something (find silver) and other days not (skunk). There's always another day.

HH Everyone - Stay Dry, Stay Warm & Stay Vertical
Gary :coffee2: :usflag:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Silver is a bonus. The search, in my back room, is always for errors, varieties, and the like. When silver is found, it is always put aside, either for the stack, or for sale, depending on several factors. How early of late in a box or bag is of no consequence.

Time for more coffee.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The way things have been for the past year or so I will take either one. Lol
I have found 2 silver halves in the last 26 boxes.
When it was more regular I would prefer to find in the first few rolls.
When I used to find enders (What's an ender?) I would always save them for last.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I always want to find in early, middle AND late!

two boxes this weekend, first box a 1968D ender no other silver, 2nd box with 4 rolls to go I found a 1968D so no skunks which is important

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer to find silver at the beginning, because once I find it, I'm relieved it won't be a skunk box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions