cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week (Tuesday Nov 20) I had a long planned hernia surgery :'( so I have to give up CRHing for a while. This was a redo that came backafter 1.5 years. Don't know if all those heavy coins had anything to do with it. :(

I was climbing the walls by Wednesday so my wife got $100 in nickels to calm me down. Only 18 keepers, one war nickel, 3 1939 nicks and some from the 40s. I went back to work this last Monday but should have stayed home.

I hobbled into my main bank two days ago to deposit a check and the first thing two different tellers asked before I got to the window was "how many boxes would you like?" It was had to say none. >:( (good bank :D)

The weekend is coming up and I know I shouldn't go CRHing, don't want to tear out anything. What am I going to do? One whole weekend and not a coin in site. >:( >:(

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That sucks!
I had a hernia operation about 8 years ago. Great Doc. : I asked him when I could resume my normal routine and when I could swing a club, etc. He told me I could get after it and do whatever I felt like - "your pain will let you know your limits!"
Maybe you can call around and compile a list of banks that have halves in their vault and plan a monster road trip.
Hope you get well soon!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Ditto on a quick recovery.

Can the Mrs bring home any more coin for you ? Or maybe you can buy stacks of certain denominations of bills looking for keepers; if you're into paper currency at all. Would that be Bill Stack Hunting ? Just a thought.

Again, quick recovery.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thurm & Tim,
Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. I have already asked my wife to get some nickels tomorrow (no cash today) and she has a class tomorrow (sub teacher at a saturday school) so she can't do it. Even asked my 16 year old daughter if she would come with me to do some banking. I forgot she has PSAT tests tomorrow. I will figuer out something.

Not really interested in folding money. Takes so much to buy so little.

(off the subject, my main teller told me that because they have so many Chinese customers around the holidays their bank always keeps a big supply of crisp new $2 bills. I guess it is popular to give as gifts)

Right now (1PM) my pain is telling me GO HOME & LIE DOWN ;D but I will wait another hour and leave early from the office. ;)

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I feel your pain. I have been fighting back pain for the last 10 days. Now I have to make 2 trips with my 2 boxes. I must be getting old.............er........LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread