My half box went on a wild ride

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
The head teller at my buy bank stops at the main branch and picks up my box on her way to work on Thursdays. I went to pick up my box today and one of the other tellers said my halves had an interesting trip this morning. We had about 5" of snow last night and the teller with my halves hit a slick spot in the road and flipped her SUV into the ditch, landing upside down. She told me her first thought was that the box of halves might have broke open. Luckily she wasn't hurt but her vehicle was probably totaled. I'm glad the halves didn't end up hitting her in the head when the vehicle rolled. She was hoping the box was loaded with silver but it only had 1 64. I might not get boxes in the future on snowy Thursdays.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news is she didn't get hurt.....that is the main thing. Sorry to hear about her wrecking her car though....poor girl.

After that kind of ride I was hoping it would hold more silver but at least it wasn't a skunk.

Keep plugging Fropa.....

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, she should get Teller of the Year at her bank for that. Her first thought was the box breaking open and not her SUV (or worse)?? Amazing! Glad she's ok.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I'm very glad she was ok. I think the halves would have been the last thing on my mind after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread