Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past 2 times I ordered boxes from Brinks they were someones rejects. One box was all hand rolled with the guys address sticker on each roll and the other "looked" like machine rolled but was a repack of someones rejects. Well today's boxes looked like they were repacked machine rolls. Both boxes were old and used and the tape was torn off of them. Box 1 was pure skunk. Box 2 was weird. Top layer was all repacked machine rolls but the bottom layer looked like 8-10 were real machine rolls. I searched the repacked rolls and was skunked.... but 2 of the other rolls gave me 2 68D Kens, one 63 Ben who was looking at me from the end of a roll, and a 42 Walker with 2 small holes in it! :o I can't figure this puzzle out. Are the Brinks guys messing with me? ;D Any ideas on what's going on here? Brinks running out of halves and just throwing boxes together?

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
My only guess would be the full moon is out.

I have read where the armored car guys dump large amounts of coins that they pick up into a big bin. They are spit out on the other end wrapped nice and purty. It is certainly possible that they took some partial boxes back from a bank and filled them up with what was laying around. I don't think they are creative enough to pull a prank like that. I would order more from that bank and hope you strike pay dirt again. Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:

I have read where the armored car guys dump large amounts of coins that they pick up into a big bin. They are spit out on the other end wrapped nice and purty. It is certainly possible that they took some partial boxes back from a bank and filled them up with what was laying around. I don't think they are creative enough to pull a prank like that. I would order more from that bank and hope you strike pay dirt again. Jim

I agree.

That is kinda weird though Whyme.....hmmmmmm.........

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cat J said:
Where do you live?

Cat

Western New York.

coolpix9 said:

At first I thought it was a person weighing the rolls for silver and screwed up, but then I found the Ben looking at me. No way to miss that! Plus the 2 68's and the Ben in one roll can't be missed in the weighing. I'm just really confused on that box. :-\
lejeuene said:
coolpix9 said:

I agree.

That is kinda weird though Whyme.....hmmmmmm.........

Real weird. Going to order another 2 boxes and see what's up next week. Maybe it will get weirder ;D

chevrolet454ss

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
Hi,

Serval weeks ago. I ordored 10 boxes just like you did from loomis. 7 of them were old untaped boxes with hand wraped rolls in there with some of them machice wraped from Brinks just like you. One intire box was hand wraped. No silver in those boxes but they did get serval proofs. I thought they weighed them or checked them just like you. My boxes came loomis trucking company. Very strange to see them like that like that on what were talking.

I live in soulth texas and boxs came from houston texas. My boxes had an packing slips with no inerts. They were riped up on slips. Coins in boxes had marks where silver guys marked them. Junk boxes or rejects.

Other 3 boxes from feds were the flat type boxes. They had 25 totol on silver coins. Those other 7 were all messed up like your boxs were. Not even taped shut .

I dont know if Loomis or brinks is pulling silver before they ship them or if there is large scale silver puller like Jackson metals in ohio buying all boxes all over place and reship all over the place in usa. They claim that company bought over 14 million dollars worth halfs from trucking companys and was paying them ship the boxes to ohio. It was in newspaper in ohio and man is working congressman space from ohio to give an ok for him to start melting pennys from 1981 thru 1909 for copper. Jackson metals I heard pays to have coins shiped all over the usa to him and he will ship back.

Chevrolet454ss

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in soulth texas and boxs came from houston texas. My boxes had an packing slips with no inerts. They were riped up on slips. Coins in boxes had marks where silver guys marked them. Junk boxes or rejects.

Use spell check please. This made my head hurt. LOL. Anyway I believe some dump banks are getting enough for the service company to pick up. Usually they have to have at least $1000 for them to take them back. The coin companies may also be running out of their own paper, so they aren't dumping the ones already hand wrapped into the bin.

HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they were hand rolled or the boxes were opened they did not come from brinks. More than likely they were rejects someone brought in and the bank just turned around and gave them to you. They may have been ordered and they came from the main branch to your bank like that. If nothing else, if the box is not sealed do not accept them. I personally do not accept them if the box is not sealed.

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
If they were hand rolled or the boxes were opened they did not come from brinks. More than likely they were rejects someone brought in and the bank just turned around and gave them to you. They may have been ordered and they came from the main branch to your bank like that. If nothing else, if the box is not sealed do not accept them. I personally do not accept them if the box is not sealed.

She insists that Brinks delivered them like this. I really don't want to pi$$ off the head teller, but I want to know who's doing this. Should I call Brinks and ask if they are delivering boxes like this? The boxes from the past few weeks were all rejects from someone else's CRH. They were all opened boxes and one full box was hand rolled. All the others were repacks of machine rolls except for the 8 that were really machine rolls. One good thing..... the last box had an extra $1.50 in it ;D

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find another bank to order from. If the boxes change, use this one as a dump bank. I think the teller is just trying to get rid of dumps they already receive.

HH

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Whyme said:
wayne1956 said:

Should I call Brinks and ask if they are delivering boxes like this?
LOL, like you think Brinks is going to divulge information. Good luck...LOL

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awhitster said:

Every business has a complaint dept or a help line. I don't think that this would be considered sensitive information for them. It's not like I'm asking how many stops they make, how much money they carry on the trucks, how many guards, etc... If I owned a business and someone was either messing with my product or saying that a damaged product was coming from me, I'd be upset and try to fix the problem. I think I will mail/call them and ask.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Whyme said:
awhitster said:

Every business has a complaint dept or a help line. I don't think that this would be considered sensitive information for them. It's not like I'm asking how many stops they make, how much money they carry on the trucks, how many guards, etc... If I owned a business and someone was either messing with my product or saying that a damaged product was coming from me, I'd be upset and try to fix the problem. I think I will mail/call them and ask.
Good luck. I'm curious what you find out. Keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread