Got Robbed

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
ME_CO said:
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark
I don't mind foreign, I put them in my collection of oddall box stuff. A nickel, not. That's OK, my brother got shorted a whole roll in a box last week.....LOL

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.

mm12000

May 18, 2007
That's what happened to me last week - one roll was 3 short. However, one of yesterday's half rolls had 20 halves, plus a mexican 10 peso's (worth about a buck) - so I am at least partially refunded, lol.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
ME_CO said:

What's the year on the 500 peso, if it's old it probably isn't worth .50 cents
I sent some 1980's 100 peso notes with my gal when she went to Mex in May and
they said they were not worth 5 cents each, she brought them back.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
pronghorn said:
ME_CO said:

What's the year on the 500 peso, if it's old it probably isn't worth .50 cents
I sent some 1980's 100 peso notes with my gal when she went to Mex in May and
they said they were not worth 5 cents each, she brought them back.
The Mexican dollar has been devalued so many times the old ones aren't worth anything.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Hydrantman said:
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.

I was kind of shocked as well. Trust me, you are 'the guy' they make fun of as soon as you left after asking for 45 cents back because of that. In my opinion, that's all part of it. What if you got an extra half in a roll? Would you go back in and demand that they take it back? They wouldn't have anywhere to put it aside from maybe some odd general ledger account that would take them 10 minutes to look up the account number of. Rolls are off ALL the time, some in your favor and some not. I think it's kind of one of the unwritten rules not to go back and ask for a few cents to make you exactly total out with your dumps and your keepers.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
DrDetector said:
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:

I was kind of shocked as well. Trust me, you are 'the guy' they make fun of as soon as you left after asking for 45 cents back because of that. In my opinion, that's all part of it. What if you got an extra half in a roll? Would you go back in and demand that they take it back? They wouldn't have anywhere to put it aside from maybe some odd general ledger account that would take them 10 minutes to look up the account number of. Rolls are off ALL the time, some in your favor and some not. I think it's kind of one of the unwritten rules not to go back and ask for a few cents to make you exactly total out with your dumps and your keepers.
Well said Dr.D, well said. If we start whining over a few cents the banks start changing the rules. I don't want to wait while they count out 4 boxes of halves. Take what you get. It all evens out in the end.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
I got another 16 coin roll this week (and it's not my first). I've gotten more than my fair share of 19 coin rolls. 18 coin or less rolls are uncommon, but I've gotten them. Usually the two coins at the ends are all the way at the end, but there is a space inside the roll.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing will ever be perfect. Humans make errors in counting and so do machines. To be honest, I would rather have a machine counting for me than a human anyday.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
awhitster said:
DrDetector said:
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:

Well said Dr.D, well said. If we start whining over a few cents the banks start changing the rules. I don't want to wait while they count out 4 boxes of halves. Take what you get. It all evens out in the end.

I've been shorted many times. Once in a $1,000.00 bag I was shorted $11.00. But they are so nice to still order me halves, that I'll never complain.
You may have ruined a supply source by asking for that .45 cents back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread