guy that works for brinks

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
guy that works for brinks

told me that it wont be long and we wont find any silver due to federal regulations on currency carriers they will be required to sort all loose coins he said they have had machines for awhile to do this but only at certain facilities he said i could release his name but i wont this is the same thing my teller siad to me what do you think this is all about

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: met a guy that works for brinks

Sounds like he's trying to discourage people from ordering heavy boxes...

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250

i think you're full of b.s.

OP
OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series

kinda a harsh accusation ther hit 80 i speak the truth i have no reason to lie im in this just as you are im just saying get em while you can because i dont think hes b.s us he has worked there for 2 years and said theyve been pressured to do this for awhile but as the cost is substantial the gov. wants the silver remember they own the currency not the carriers and the companies have to follow all regulations no matter the cost

OP
OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series

Hit 8o i think u look like luke skywalker 1984 called he wants his hair cut back

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fatsmahoney said:
Hit 8o i think u look like luke skywalker 1984 called he wants his hair cut back

Watch the movie "Highlander". That is who he looks like. Don't try shooting him, it won't do any good. :o

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: guy that works for brinks

Really? I just searched eleventy billion coins and ALL were silver......

Looks like the government won't be getting anymore silvers.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

fatsmahoney said:
kinda a harsh accusation ther hit 80 i speak the truth i have no reason to lie im in this just as you are im just saying get em while you can because i dont think hes b.s us he has worked there for 2 years and said theyve been pressured to do this for awhile but as the cost is substantial the gov. wants the silver remember they own the currency not the carriers and the companies have to follow all regulations no matter the cost
The government owns the currency? BS! HH Mark

XX

Jan 11, 2008

which depository location was he out of?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

I have often wondered about Brinks method of coinhandling. So I looked up Brinks on the web and found their site, and they pride themselves on their automatic coinhandling process and machine roll accuracy. So it pretty much answered my question on how we are able to find silver in them there boxes.
We have 3 processing centers here in southeastern Michigan mine is near downtown Detroit. And I believe they have one in Lansing Mi. There has to be thousands of bank branches in our tri county area serviced by the Brinks in Detroit. with a population of 4 million people in that tri county area. they must handle (speculation) millions of coins a week there. Can't imagine anyone getting paid by Brinks to sort through all that coin looking for silver. Brinks is a Private corp. Not government owned. Don't know how many of the banks they service either. But I do know that it's a lot.
I also know that I've had better luck with their box's than the federal box's

CRH Mojo

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

coinrollhunter said:
Can't imagine anyone getting paid by Brinks to sort through all that coin looking for silver.

CRH Mojo
The Brinks boxes around here have been lousy for months. As far as them pulling silver. (I think not. They make billions a year hauling money around and rolling. I don't think they need to make money searching silver.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

awhitster said:
coinrollhunter said:
Can't imagine anyone getting paid by Brinks to sort through all that coin looking for silver.

CRH Mojo
The Brinks boxes around here have been lousy for months. As far as them pulling silver. (I think not. They make billions a year hauling money around and rolling. I don't think they need to make money searching silver.

Tottally agree.
Mojo

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro

The government needs the silver. They did have the banks pull all silver dollars years ago. Guess they missed a few anyway.

It is my silver and I want it now.

Cat

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota

awhitster said:
coinrollhunter said:

CRH Mojo

Correctomungo!!! It isn't cost effective. Maybe if this was 1965, but it isn't. End of story. :D

John

Chris_is_Here

Mar 26, 2008

Hi guy, interesting thread..

Doesn't matter what the Fed does.....there will always be some silver circulating through the banks as old timers cash in coin rolls for face value just to pay the grocery bill....problem is, I find that the bank tellers are pretty hip these days, and they know to look through the rolls before they vault them and ship them off to the Mint (a few have told me this outright)....actually, I think the Brinks roll may be a decent bet since they cannot be searched through at the local branch.

Luck!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Chris

"I find that the bank tellers are pretty hip these days, and they know to look through the rolls before they vault them and ship them off to the Mint"

I agree with you here. with the price of silver and gold in the news these days, you won't find too many tellers who aren't aware of it.
Brinks has always been good for me too, but the coins have to get past the teller's now to filter back through Brinks.
I still get a couple out of their trays though. some might even tell you there is a silver one in the 3 or 4 she has. But as a single silver coin it doesn't seem like enough to get her pantie's in a bunch over LOL :icon_scratch: Soooo one here, one there and 10 banks later I got me a handfull at the end of the day.

CRH Mojo

JRLewis

Jan 24, 2007
N.W. Georgia

To my understanding the U.S. Mint does own coins. The Fed own/controls paper money, but the goverMint owns the coins. They may also be doing a sort for copper cents and such. Canada did a Alloy Recovery Program (ARP) and has removed a lot of their pure Ni coinage. The U.S. may not be doing it for just silver.

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I noticed several months ago that on the coin counting machine at my bank it lists all denominations and for pennies it lists old pennies and new pennies. This counter doesn't sort it just counts and drops them all in one large bin. If the sorters and counters at brinks have been calibrated they can seperate the silver from the clad by weight. they just get dumped into a seperate bin. It sound very possible.
clad Halves are 11.34 grams , 40% are 11.50 grams, 90% are12.50 grams.
Chicago Ron

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro

Where can I find one of those sorters. I don't think Brinks has one that does that. Even if they did they can not buy any of the coins at the warehouse.

Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread