Bank fees

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
I called my regular source for boxes of halves today. They told me that once the current boxes in their vault was gone, they would charge me $10/box. Just relaying their costs to me......... Took 4 boxes only got 1- 64 and 1- 69. Time to move on and find another bank, or just revert to banks that have been good in the past with hand rolls...
All in all the boxes have not provided many keepers, while the hand rolls have done very well.
Another day in paradise............. HH Gayle

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe we should start prospecting in the front yards at the banks. I think a few of us with MDs and Lesche Digging tools might loosen them up a bit. I have been getting some skunkeroo bags lately. Recently there is no silver jingle in the bags as I tote them to my Corvette Station Wagon. 14 lousy 67s out of 14,000 coins doesn't pay for the gas. Take care Gayle, Jim

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
rsc said:
I called my regular source for boxes of halves today. They told me that once the current boxes in their vault was gone, they would charge me $10/box. Just relaying their costs to me......... Took 4 boxes only got 1- 64 and 1- 69. Time to move on and find another bank, or just revert to banks that have been good in the past with hand rolls...
All in all the boxes have not provided many keepers, while the hand rolls have done very well.
Another day in paradise............. HH Gayle

Time to fill their vault back up with your dumps :D

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
Anyone know how Brinks, etc., charges for coin deliveries? If there is a charge for delivering the coins to the bank, I would think the charge by a bank for a box should be small. After all, the bank is probably ordering coin/cash regularly anyway. World Savings was great about ordering coin--never any extra charges. But now they have closed, been bought out by Wachovia. :'(

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joanner said:
Anyone know how Brinks, etc., charges for coin deliveries?
Most big banks have a contract. The carrier has to pickup and dropoff so many times per week. Doesn't matter what the bank orders they have to come anyway, so no extra charge. Now special trips just to deliver something will cost extra.

A manager of a local bank told me this. They will accept up to $10,000 per month in cash/coin at no additional charge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread