So the Bank Called.....

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
and told me they had a guy drop off of a bunch of halves. They asked me for a list before asking what I was interested in all levels of change/currency. They have kept old nickels and bills before, but today they said they had some I would want. So off to the bank I went. Turns out someone had dropped off about 100 Kennedy halves. The bank sorted them according to my list. Turns out there were 56 40% ers. No 90% but I'll take that any day. Paid $28.00 for the pile.
Hope I get some more like that!!! She also had two war nickels and a Ten dollar bill from the 60's.

Attachments

• Halves.jpg
    Halves.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!!! Schweet. Must be nice to have the tellers sort for you.......ha! Well maybe?

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
LJ said:
WTG!!! Schweet. Must be nice to have the tellers sort for you.......ha! Well maybe?

They have told me that they weren't interested in the old coins. Could be leading me on but they have produced some good stuff for me. Most of them are older ladies and they have sorta adopted me.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
That is sweet...I had a teller give me 10 40% that "kept jamming the machine" while she was emptying the coin counting machine for me...she told me, "You know those are silver"...I replied, "Really?" ;D

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
killerwine said:
That is sweet...I had a teller give me 10 40% that "kept jamming the machine" while she was emptying the coin counting machine for me...she told me, "You know those are silver"...I replied, "Really?" ;D

That's the ticket!

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
TXTim said:
killerwine said:

That's the ticket!

Should have told her, "Damn silver coins...Should be a law against them!" ;D

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Should have told her, "Damn silver coins...Should be a law against them!" ;D
[/quote]

Ha, good one and sorry but I going to have to confiscate them ... congrats on that nice scalp :thumbsup:

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
It's funny how we get all crazy over silver and some people could care less. I've had a few tellers tell me, this one is silver, do you want it. HECK YA.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Ha, S-F it is ironic and pretty comical in a way ... we haul on hundreds of lbs of coins, flip thousands of dollars , spend countless hours in our quests :icon_jokercolor: and others give the stuff away .... found the same thing when I was into baseball cards etc. too ... different strokes for different folks I guess :)

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Yeah every now and then they will call me and ask me about a certain coin or bill. I tell them what its worth and they either keep it or sell it to me for face value. They have been real good to me at that bank. Been going there for about 15 years now. Hopefully I can get some more great deals.
Its gonna be hard to pass up that many silvers though at one time. Its my record!!

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
wow, I wish my local bank was that nice, usually they just try to screw me. lol, good find nice tellers :thumbsup:

SEMPER FI :icon_sunny:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
gggg's now there isnt any sorting involved. Just pick up the good stuff, i love that style of CRH. Maybe i can make my tellers do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread