Cinco de mayo finds

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Bought a couple of boxes today from an out of town bank and found a couple of keepers. Found 3-64s and 5- 40%s. Brinks rolls.

The teller asked me why people had been buying so many boxes of halves in the last few months from their bank. They had boxes in stock and I could have bought more but I only had a grand on me for such purposes (I did not have an account at this bank). This was in a pretty small town so CRHers are everywhere now I guess. Still silver in Brinks rolls.

Jim

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job J4S.......it all adds up. Keep em coming.............

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Thanks Ed and LJ,

My regular weekly boxes are coming in tomorrow and I could not wait. I was passing through this town on business and made a few calls. Once I found a bank with boxes I could not resist. Due to my business picking up in the last couple of weeks (finally), I realized I do not have time to keep running around town looking for loose halves here and there.

I will most likely only buy boxes from this point out unless I happen to be out of town and come across a nice stash of coins. Almost all of the loose or hand rolls I have come across in town have yielded nothing lately (except for one time). For me it takes much less time and effort to go buy a couple of boxes at one place, then dump the rejects, then to run all over the place buying $50 here and $100 there. Fuel costs too much and I don't have enough time to waste to keep doing that.

In the last few weeks I have done OK with my regular boxes so hopefully that will continue.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread