Query: Do most here search quarters and dimes too?

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
There are quite a few folks that pick dimes but no many do quarters ( low % of keepers ) ...if I remember right a box of quarters is 500.00 and 200.00 for dimes and bags are $1000.00/ each at least the big bags are ... I dont pick anything but halves but someone that does pick other coins will chime in and will be more helpful, best of luck , Ed

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me correct my buddy Ed......you have to excuse him sometimes......age I guess, but don't say anything to him okay.......a box of dime is actually $250. Sorry Ed...couldn't resist........ :wink: Okay, your turn now.

I search dimes occasionaly and probably average 1 or 2 silver dimes per box. As for the quarters, I don't mess with them. Like Ed mentioned....very low keeper rate. Your best bet of the two would be the dimes.

If you do try either....good luck.

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Thanks Gentlemen, I've been Searching Halves only now for a few months, today was a ZERO day, nothing out of 2 boxes, got to pick up another 2 tomorrow, maybe they'll be better, I was wondering about the dimes though, I may try a box next Tuesday, since I've already turned in my order for Monday

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I like to search dimes for a change from halves. I find 1-4 silver in a $250 box. I searched a $1,000 bag of quarters and found no silver. I did find all but 2 state quarters so put together a second book.

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I do quarters and dimes I have better luck with dimes. I average 1 silver quarter in about $2500 and 2 silver dimes in $500 I get them by the bag, and the bank here bags dimes and quarters at $500 each.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
USMCLion said:
Man Ed you've been getting beat up this week!!! Hang in there buddy!!

Oh thanks Ryan , I am used to it by now ... that damn LJ is is always slamming me for something ... she is mean watch out for her lol, Ed

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished going thru 4 boxes of dimes totaling $1000. Got 3 out of 1 box, the rest, zip.

Thats much better than I do with boxes of halves.

10 is the new 50

AMC

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scalper said:
USMCLion said:
Man Ed you've been getting beat up this week!!! Hang in there buddy!!

Oh thanks Ryan , I am used to it by now ... that damn LJ is is always slamming me for something ... she is mean watch out for her lol, Ed

LOL....Eddie Walker is so much fun! But.....he had better be on his toes!!!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
If I can't pull Halves or "BIG DOLLARS" out of a bank, I buy up all the dimes they will sell me. "What No Dimes"? I'll buy up Nickles. No Nickles ? I'll buy Penny's.

"Did you say you have lots of Quarters"?......No thanks. LOL

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread