Pulled A Washer.......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....found a washer in a roll of dimes yesterday. A first for me. The dimes roughed me up a bit. There wasn't a silver Rosie to be found. I did find a 68 Canadian which I think is 50% silver but not 100% sure....going to have to check on that. Also found a 1990 Honduras 20 Centavos. Oh well....we'll get em again next week.

The halves yielded 24 40%....the 90% eluded me once again. As always....it was fun. Off to next week!!

Attachments

• P5110013.jpg
    P5110013.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Nice LJ , 24 keepers is good ... you are correct about that 68 dime 2 types that year 50% silver or 99.9 nickel ...kinda strange not much luck lately with those 90% ???? Maybe you should be nicer to people and they will come , lol... they are just waiting for u next week big bonus boxes :) it was a fun week spoofing on each other ... You are a class act LJ and a funny one at that ... your bash buddy Ed

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Good score LJ! Say is that a 3/8" galvanized warsher? ???

Want to trade a 40% for it? Just Kidding! :D Have a good weekend! 8)

Red

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJ said:
Yep....found a washer in a roll of dimes yesterday. A first for me. The dimes roughed me up a bit. There wasn't a silver Rosie to be found. I did find a 68 Canadian which I think is 50% silver but not 100% sure....going to have to check on that. Also found a 1990 Honduras 20 Centavos. Oh well....we'll get em again next week.

The halves yielded 24 40%....the 90% eluded me once again. As always....it was fun. Off to next week!!

Put a magnet next to the 1968 Canadian, if it sticks its not silver. If it doesn't stick it's a 50%.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
LJ

I wouldn't sweat the dimes too much. Your doing so good on your halves Still.

I just raved about my dream WEEK which = An LJ Day. LOL

Keep up the good work

Mojo

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thread that washer on a chain for a reminder of what you NOT looking for. Don't wanna call it a good luck charm LOL. HH Mark

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
$.10 washer.
Better keep it!
Like Gman says- if the Canadian sticks to a fridge magnet, it's steel.
Knowing you, however, it's probably silver!

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scalper said:
Nice LJ , 24 keepers is good ... you are correct about that 68 dime 2 types that year 50% silver or 99.9 nickel ...kinda strange not much luck lately with those 90% ???? Maybe you should be nicer to people and they will come , lol... they are just waiting for u next week big bonus boxes :) it was a fun week spoofing on each other ... You are a class act LJ and a funny one at that ... your bash buddy Ed

I'll try to be a little bit nicer Ed....little bit....cuz I want some 90%'ers.....ha! Hey, I have a good time with the jabbing back & forth......it's fun.....and you don't get mad....you just get even....lol.

RED THUNDER said:
Good score LJ! Say is that a 3/8" galvanized warsher? ???

Red

Red - I laughed out loud on that one. I checked for it in the Red Book but couldn't find it. I guess they will put those in the 2009 Red Book...ha!

jim4silver said:
LJ,

Check out this site for info on silver content for foreign coins.

http://www.coinflation.com/canada/

Jim

Thanks J4S....saved it in my favorites for future use.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
I just raved about my dream WEEK which = An LJ Day. LOL

Keep up the good work

Mojo

And what a week it is.....those are the ones we dream about..........schweet!!!!

Silver Stripe said:
Thread that washer on a chain for a reminder of what you NOT looking for. Don't wanna call it a good luck charm LOL. HH Mark

I agree...at first glance from the edge check I thought it was a Canadian.

Immy said:
Congrats on the silver haul LJ. Can't keep a good girl down for long!

Here's a website for more info on your washer:

http://www.lousystinkingwasherfoundinmydimerolls.com

Their server may or may not be up... :wink:

The server was down Immy. That's funny they had a website for that.....must not be too rare then huh......

Ok GMan & Tim.......took your advice......took a magnet off my fridge and the Canadian dime stuck to it like fast drying glue......darn!! It just wasn't my day for dimes......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread