what to do with pre 1982 pennies?

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I have always went to the bank and searched coins but recently read where we should save all pre 1982 pennies before I do this would like to know where I can sell them for thier copper content otherwise cant see the reason in hanging on to these pennies. Any help here would be appreciated need a outlet to unload these pennies or I wont save them. They dont mean as much to me as the wheaties or indian heads. Thanks Dave

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave,
You need to read as many post as possible before you go out on a limb and start doing something. Yes, lots of people are saving the copper for the future in case they may be able to sell them. At this moment it is illegal to melt both copper cents and nickels. This may change in the future, but right now unless you are willing to commit to saving them don't do it.

Happy Hunting!

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Right now I am separating the copper cents from the zinc and sitting on them. It is not expensive at all to keep all those pennies. It is a cheap way to save. Others have said that they can get double face value for them on Ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread