Susan... what are YOU doing in there?

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Went to a few banks on my way home again to pick up some customer rolled coin.

Banks were low on customer rolls... they seem to be drying up... too many people buying them and not enough turning them in.

Anywho, no silver from the $120ish in dimes, and no silver from the $200+ in quarters, though with one of the rolls of quarters I emptied it out into my hand then threw the wrapped into the pile of the other empties and noticed it was heavier than it should be, so assumed a quarter was stuck in it. Well after trying for a few seconds to pop the quarter out I finally get it out only to find that it was a 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar and NOT a quarter. I counted how many quarters came out of the roll and came up with an even $10, so Susan made the roll worth $11.

Was a strange find... had never happened before. I wonder if someone actually thought it was a quarter or if they wanted to surprise one of the CRH's they knew would by the roll. =)

Still have over $80 in nickels to go through... wish me luck. ;)

~Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BBcardsRI

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Finished the nickels...

Got one war nickel... a 1943-S, and a 1954-S I still needed for my book (down to 10 more coins to finish the book).

Checked the Susie B again and noticed theh S mintmark. 1979-S. Still extremely common, but at least it its the least common of the 79's next to the neardate... which I think was 79, right? :P

~Dave

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I did a bag of halves last year that had 13 SBA's in it. Plus a car key, 3 pennies, a 1 peso coin, and a carwash token. Weirdest bag I've had yet.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
A year or so ago I had a bag with a bunch of junk in it, including over 60 Sacs and SBs. I love machines that can't tell where to put the dollar coins, kind of cancels out the carwash and game tokens. I'll take the dollar coins anytime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread