Silver taking a hit, under $15 now

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Yea... we've been talking about this a bit in the Metals forum lately.

Crazy stuff going on... silver at its lowest price since 2007.

~Dave

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
YA KNOW GUYS this is only temporary. You can see how silver values have fluctuated along with the economy. Since Oil prices have been going down and gas prices have falling there seems to be less worry about the future of our economy. Be that as it may, Oil will continue to get more expensive and Silver will continually be more and more in demand. It is being used in technology all over the globe at increasing levels. This will cause the silver value to increase over time. The over all trend since the early 80's has been an increase in value so I am not worried. Keep up the search through the highs and lows.

-Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
YA KNOW GUYS this is only temporary. You can see how silver values have fluctuated along with the economy. Since Oil prices have been going down and gas prices have falling there seems to be less worry about the future of our economy. Be that as it may, Oil will continue to get more expensive and Silver will continually be more and more in demand. It is being used in technology all over the globe at increasing levels. This will cause the silver value to increase over time. The over all trend since the early 80's has been an increase in value so I am not worried. Keep up the search through the highs and lows.

-Golden Silver

solariscool said:
Long and Strong. You gotta love the dips if you are buying.

I agree 100% GS & SC. For those in it for the long haul...buy....buy....buy....and then buy some more....................

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
LJ said:
golden silver said:

-Golden Silver

solariscool said:
Long and Strong. You gotta love the dips if you are buying.

I agree 100% GS & SC. For those in it for the long haul...buy....buy....buy....and then buy some more....................

You are wise beyond your years..................... all forty or so. :thumbsup:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
On the brink of dipping into the 13's now.

Its obvious that the market is being HIGHLY manipulated and that silver will shoot up fairly soon, but how low it will go now is the real key question for those of us who are looking to buy.

~Dave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The market is just reacting to emotion and emotional reactions of people who watch too much TV, I feel this is just going to be temporary...are things really all better in a week? has the US economy really just gotten all A OK in a week? I think not.
Ride it out. I don't think we have seen the worse yet. Things will be fine, take advantage of what you can, I have scored a lot of gold and silver the last few days from people looking to dump while in panic mode. its great, they will take %60 to %80 of spot :)

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Buy it while you can, the only silver selling is comex. Actual boullion is getting harder to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread