Marked coins

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I've been getting a lot of skunks lately - of the last 16 boxes 14 had the same date June 20th and they were mostly skunks and each box had at least 20 halves marked with black and a red magic marker dots. Anyone seen these? It seems like I may need to switch banks or get a couple sources. I only have enough time for 4 boxes a week so it may be a while before I see the end of this cursed date on the boxes...

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I think you are seeing what many here are seeing.....skunk city.

I believe that most all of the silver halves that have sitting around for years in the vault are now in the hands of CRHers, and anything new we find is from people dumping their stash unknowingly now.

There are people hunting in areas that have not been CRHed in the past and they can find some good hoards for a while, but once they are gone it will be skunk city like it is for many here.

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Yes... it seems like everything being founds... hand rolls AND boxes are just RECENT dumps. The amount of boxes that TNET goes through per month is boggling, let alone the many many many times that that aren't members of the forum.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread