Sure seems dead in here....

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Im guessing the huge drops in silver prices plus the fact that alot of skunks have been passing around has slowed down alot of the CRH traffic. I miss the days of logging in and seeing 20 new threads lol

On the other hand we have got some new penny and nickel hunters coming in and i always love hearing about penny and nickel finds. WELCOME NEW GUYS/GALS!

I figure things will pick up more once cold weather hits. Even if silver stays low. Great thing about finding it for face. If you are using it as an investment and figure on hanging onto it for awhile these low times are just as good to search as the high times.

Anyway i hope everyone who is searchign is haveng alot of good finds. Happy Hunting all!!!!!

-K

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading all of these posts for awhile now, I just started yesterday but I can only afford to hunt nickels for now. I went and picked up another $100 box of nickels after trading my old box out this morning. I need to get another bank so I can pickup in 1 place and drop off at another. But for now I am using the same bank as Im pretty sure they send the loose coins out to a rolling company and I shouldn't get the same coins back for awhile.

This is a great way to find coins, I have 2 jobs and only get to detect on the weekends, so now I can treasure hunt during the week too. :icon_pirat:

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you are hunting nickels, you should ask the bank if you can just exchange them for others. That's what I do and they don't mind because they aren't out any coin that they need for commercial customers. It's an even trade and it doesn't cost them anything. They won't do it for halves because no one (but us) wants them, but for cents, nickels, dimes, and quarters they will. The only thing they require is that you return them rolled. I mark the rolls so they know not to give me mine back. I've been doing this since 1974 without any problems.

Scott

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even re-roll them, I just had a big ziploc bag filled with nickels. They put them through the counting machine, then I paid for the missing coins, then they gave me another box. Idon't know if they will keep allowing me to do that, but it worked this morning.

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
My theory is a lot of people miss LJ and liked the responses they would get from her. No LJ is like 'Christmas without snow' for some of us. It's just not the same.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I happened to find some halves today at a bank. Bought $220, and searched them all at lunch. All skunks. I am finding cents and nickles to be more fun, as I get several keepers at a time, as opposed to none from halves. Only problem is I keep cleaning my banks out of nickles! Apparently they only stock a couple hundred dollars at a time, and it take sa while to get new ones.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
You can order nickels or cents just like you can halves. So that way you always have boxes of them at the ready.

How often banks restock is based on how quickly you go through them and how big of a bank they are. Some banks only get coin orders once a week or even two weeks if really small... up to like 3-4 times a week if they are a hectic bank. Getting coins from multiple banks also helps.

~Dave

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Bjorn_MD said:
My theory is a lot of people miss LJ and liked the responses they would get from her. No LJ is like 'Christmas without snow' for some of us. It's just not the same.
I don't think LJ taking a sabbatical has anything to do with it. I think the big "dream" scores just aren't here any more like they used to be. That is what kept the board hoping, all the good finds kept us talking. Some of the heavy hitters aren't finding or posting any more. IMHO

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I'm still fairly new to the board here, but my reasons for not posting are a little different.

For the last few weeks I've been attending a job related training / updating school. I have a couple more weeks left before it's over. The town I'm in doesn't have a BOA and the banks which are here charge a fee for rolls for non members.

Not to be outdone though, I bought a website off of one of the members here and am in the process of updating / revising it. I'm hoping that by the time the school is over I'll have the site to a point where I wouldn't mind posting about it here.

(BTW Nickels are my favorite as well)

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
No LJ is like 'Christmas without snow' for some of us.
:crybaby2:....i know....i know... :crybaby2:....
but seriously....i lurked around for over a year now and when i first started the finds were amazing...by the time i got the nerve up to try i made a good haul and got hooked.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,179446.0.html....since then i havent even been able to find many to look through without ordering...and out of the little i came across i only found 1 40%er...my dream is to find some walking libertys....but dont think that will happen in the area im in....but i'll keep looking....some people are still making good finds...

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
I too miss the massive amount of daily posts that we used to see...I still log in every now and then at work, but the action definately seems to be gone.

Maybe we've nearly cleaned out the silver that was lying around in the piles of halves. I got 4 boxes yesterday, and all were skunks!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am still visiting and reading new posts. Unfortunately my pool of money has deminished and I am waiting for tax return time. I still do a couple of boxes every two weeks but nothing like the volume from before.

-golden silver

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
klava said:
Im guessing the huge drops in silver prices plus the fact that alot of skunks have been passing around has slowed down alot of the CRH traffic. I miss the days of logging in and seeing 20 new threads lol

On the other hand we have got some new penny and nickel hunters coming in and i always love hearing about penny and nickel finds. WELCOME NEW GUYS/GALS!

I figure things will pick up more once cold weather hits. Even if silver stays low. Great thing about finding it for face. If you are using it as an investment and figure on hanging onto it for awhile these low times are just as good to search as the high times.

Anyway i hope everyone who is searchign is haveng alot of good finds. Happy Hunting all!!!!!

-K

I hear what your sayin. I know me personaly am just busy MD. I started CRH becasue i cant MD in the winter. I still CRH but since its been nice ive been busy MD. As the weather gets colder il be CRH more and more

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
ugotit22 said:
klava said:

-K

I hear what your sayin. I know me personaly am just busy MD. I started CRH becasue i cant MD in the winter. I still CRH but since its been nice ive been busy MD. As the weather gets colder il be CRH more and more
Good to hear from you. Any great MD finds?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same thing. I took about a 2 month break from TreasureNet, MDing, and CRHing, but I'm back! You should be hearing some of my stories as soon as I can take a break from studying.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to use a lot of my hunting money on a car deal. A friend is getting out due to health and a general lack of enthusiasm and I'm buying out a large part of his collection and helping him liquidate the rest.
getting a lot of skunks and not finding any handrolls either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread