575 silver keepers

fikys

Dec 27, 2006
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Checked 4 bags of halves today. One of them was amazing! I felt almost like if I was removing clad coins from silver ones. Total from that bag: 500 40% (including 1 1970D and 1 1970S), 9 WL, 17 Bens, 49 90% Kennedy halves. In addition, 18 Susan Anthony dollar coins (do I need to look for something special in them?) and 1 French franc coin. Total 575 silver coins. My best result so far...

Attachments

• 2s.JPG
    2s.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 766
  • 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 767
Upvote 0

Bean

Aug 3, 2008
Georgia
Are u f'n joking!!!!!!
Congrats on all that silver.
I think he just got all the silver that was left.
I didnt know there was that much silver in the whole world!! :D

Good job

Bean

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a dream bag

HH
-GC

OP
OP
fikys

fikys

Dec 27, 2006
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Silver_Fox said:
Were those $500 or $1000 bags? Machine bags?

These are $1000 machine plastic bags (so I saw silver immediately, and lots of it!)

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
fikys said:
Silver_Fox said:
Were those $500 or $1000 bags? Machine bags?

These are $1000 machine plastic bags (so I saw silver immediately, and lots of it!)
Sweet, I know the feeling. I got 431 - 40's out of a $500 bag once. Like you said, more silver in each grab than clad.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_52.jpg
    ScreenHunter_52.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 690

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow!!!! :o

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
nice finds.. just one question, I have never been able to find bags of coins, where ever which bank I go to they only have the boxes, where in the world are you going to get bags??!

thanks

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Banks with coun counting machines. 90% of them sort the coins into bags. Bags get changed out when full. Most hold $1,000 though some hold other amounts... $500, $100. Whether or not a bank lets you buy the bags is up to them. A lot of them refuse.

~Dave

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
oh....so, I was using the coin machines to dump my halfs!! but there was only one bank in town that had the machine, so I guess it doesn't make sense for me to buy the bags from that bank, as that's all my coins in there !! hrm..... how is this going to work..

hrm...

OP
OP
fikys

fikys

Dec 27, 2006
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
wirebender said:
oh....so, I was using the coin machines to dump my halfs!! but there was only one bank in town that had the machine, so I guess it doesn't make sense for me to buy the bags from that bank, as that's all my coins in there !! hrm..... how is this going to work..
hrm...

Brinks started sending unsorted machine bags of halves instead of boxes to my bank for me... These bags come from banks in many towns... Many bags do not have any keepers but some produce very nice results, my averages did not became lower... It also saves time and energy for me and Brinks.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wells fargo in my town sells bags to me, and they do not have to be completely full either, whatever is in the bag when I go in they will take it off the machine and sell it to whoever wants it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread