Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I pick up my boxes, the tellers always ask me if its for a business. I kinda get a little attitude everytime so far, I was wondering what you guys say. I just say yes.

Also do you always pickup from the same bank?

Have you ever had a limit on the amount of boxes you can get from the bank? I ask because I could tell they are getting annoyed when I come in. lol

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
TreasureFiend said:
When I pick up my boxes, the tellers always ask me if its for a business. I kinda get a little attitude everytime so far, I was wondering what you guys say. I just say yes.

Also do you always pickup from the same bank?

Have you ever had a limit on the amount of boxes you can get from the bank? I ask because I could tell they are getting annoyed when I come in. lol

I have never lied about why I get the boxes. I don't get asked anymore, but early on when they asked I said I was a coin collector and I liked to look thru the boxes. End of story. I did not elaborate on what coins I kept, such as silver, 87s, etc.

It really is none of their business, but I think normal curiosity on their part why a person would keep buying boxes of half dollars. Some tellers know the deal and will say, "hope you find some silver", or something like that.

You may see some of your banks wanting to charge you a fee in time. Only one bank of mine does that, the rest are cool with it. Do not dump where you buy. One of my banks swears they wont get mad if I do that, but I refuse.

After awhile, the tellers will know you and will think it is normal for you to come in and buy or dump. I still deal with a cranky teller or two and I try to be nice and make small talk. When it comes down to it though, I really don't care if they are cranky. I am not there to make friends, but to further my CRHing addiction/hobby. While most of the tellers I deal with are very nice and seem happy when I come in the bank (I guess they are good actors and actresses), there will always be a couple here and there that have attitudes because they are LAZY and your CRHIng hobby makes them actually have to do some work, or at least more than the average customer that comes in the bank. But you see this occasional laziness in any job or industry.

If it happens that I become on very friendly terms with the tellers (this does happen) then great. I finally realized a while back that I am not going to kiss anyones a$$ at the banks I go to. Since I have accounts at almost all the banks I buy and dump at, it is their job to serve me, not vice versa. Banks need customers badly these days. I think the customer service at banks now is better than I have ever seen it in my life generally speaking.

Jim

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Just tell them what you are doing, and let it be at that. Typically they charge a fee per roll for anyone with a business account. So if you are tkaing them out with a personal account, they arent making their fee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread