New to roll hunting...

kbinski

Sep 29, 2008
I just began roll hunting about a week ago because i figured it would be a a cheap way to add coins to my collection in my coin folders. I went through 3 rolls of half dollars and found
1- 1964 almost uncirculated
2- 40% silver kennedys

In a box of pennies i got two wheats and kept all of the pre 1982 coppers. I also recived 10 rolls of what i think are 2008D uncirculated pennies.
Are they worth holding on to since this is the last year of the lincoln memorial cent?

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Welcome to the forum and to the hobby!

Grats on the silver finds and the wheaties. Too bad you didn't find more wheaties from that box though.

As far as keeping the memorials... it is a matter of opinion. Boxes of them on ebay were selling fairly well before... haven't checked them in a while. It won't cost you must just to hold onto them... so perhaps it is worth a shot?

~Dave

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Welcome to hunting! I have searched nearly 400 in halves and have no silver to show. As for the roll of memorials, they are all new and uncirculated, and cost what, 50 cents? That is a half dollar afterall. Cheap investment, and it will never lose value. So it is entirely up to you.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
It is not the last year for Lincolin memorial pennies. 2009 will bring 4 new designs if thats what you mean.

Mojo

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Well with the new design there won't be a linconl memorial anymore. And I've heard that they won't go back to the memorial after 2009.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Think he means the last "normal" version of the memorial. The one that has been unchanged for the last 99 years or so (not counting wheaties of course).

With the change, the many lincoln head cent collectors should multiply even more, thus driving up numismatic premiums... let alone for unc rolls. ;)

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread