Looking to buy for personal collection-

Mcfixaleak

Greenie
Jul 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright guys Iā€™m new to this forum and have been doing my own research with not much luck on online stores-
Iā€™m looking for Atocha, 1715 fleet, and or Jupiter wreck artifacts, coins, and set coins.
Mostly Atocha and Jupiter wreck- as they are the more desirable atleast for me.

I am looking to purchase a nice grade 1 (open to other grades) 4 reales or even 8 reales pendant.
The coin clarity/quality is most important, but also the setting is important.
Or if I acquire a fine coin anyone know who should be able to set it in a custom setting of choice?

Also, I am looking to start acquiring artifacts- small display items.

Atocha, Jupiter wreck, and 1715 fleet in that order...
Pendant, artifacts, coins...

Also, I am a business owner myself so I appreciate and respect business operations- therefore when I purchase somewhere or from someone I continue to only purchase with them (unless done wrong).

Can you guys point me in the right direction on where to begin?!?
Thank you all and hope you and your families enjoy a safe 4th!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Spanish Main Antiques on Facebook will get you Marc Anthony. He specializes on treasure coins and artifacts. He is located in St. Augustine, FL.

Or you can wait, as I intend to catalog and offer up my collection, first on TNet and then will likely consign to Sedwick. Marc Anthony a decade ago was in need of cash infusion for his business so I made the arrangement to buy direct from his inventory. I cherry picked about 4k worth of treasure. Now, I'll be looking to sell some items. Marc wants to buy it back from me, but I'm not interested in selling it below market so he can make additional margin. I know what I have and am aware of the market. Sedwick will likely net the largest return, but I will offer it here below what it will realize at auction to save on the consignment fees (and having to wait for my funds).

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Heritage Auctions for Sept 23, 2019

One Escudo Rarity Necklace

This necklace is an example of the "Rarity Necklaces" created by Smith of Cayman in the 1980's. Owner/designer Dennis Smith used colonial Spanish coins from the "Nuevo Reino - or New Kingdom" such as this Mexican Escudo, and "treasure coins" found in sunken ships, as the centerpiece of a "Rarity Necklace".

This finely detailed Escudo is surrounded by a halo of diamonds, and further decorated with emeralds, the prevalent jewel of South America. To complete this centerpiece is a bold, hand forged curb link chain, with hammer strikes visible throughout. A unique piece looking for a unique owner!

Bid on this and the other fine material in the 2019 September 23 Fall Fine Jewelry Signature Auction at Jewelry.HA.com.

More information about Jewelry Auctions

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread