My personal collection

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Someone in another forum wanted to see my coins that I collected. I used to work as a bank teller for about 15 years. I am not anymore. Over the years I was able to rescue coins that would have otherwise been tossed out as "mutilated" coin because it wouldn't go through the currency counter or someone brought it in and just wanted "face value" for them. I even suggested to some that they might want to take them to someone who would be able to tell them if they were worth hanging on to. Most just said that they just wanted to cash them in. Some I've found in my own pocket change and some i found on the ground or what have you. I like them for the historical value and do not want to profit from them. I just enjoy getting them out & looking at them every so often & wanted to share. I may have to post in two posts to get all the pics in.

Attachments

• Buffalo.jpg
    Buffalo.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 614
  • Dime_Penny.jpg
    Dime_Penny.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 618
  • FakeBarKochbaBack.jpg
    FakeBarKochbaBack.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 611
  • FakeBarKochbaFront.jpg
    FakeBarKochbaFront.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 613
  • Foreign.jpg
    Foreign.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 608
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 619
  • Indians.jpg
    Indians.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 622
  • Mercury.jpg
    Mercury.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 605
  • MintWheatie.jpg
    MintWheatie.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 606

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of great stuff!!! :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice herd of buffalo you have going there. The dime/penny is very interesting. Stone Mountain commemorative, inmo, is one of the prettiest. And you have to love mint wheaties. Nice collection.

S

seger98

That's a great collection! Someone must have put a penny on that dime & either put it in a press or jit it with a hammer for the imprint to get in there! Thanks for sharing..

OP
OP
Young River

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The herd of buffalo was part of $17 worth in a bag that came from a courier. I was thinking the same about the dime having been "stamped" somehow with a penny & maybe a vise or something. Thanks for looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread