I need help with a coin.

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
This is a commemorative privately issued, like those from the Franklin Mint and others. Generally they don't have collector value, just bullion value. Since it's a private minting, no coin shop or coin dealer will recognize the stated gold content without testing, i.e., scraping a sample and dropping it in acid.

If you are looking to redeem this for the gold content, check online for refineries that take small orders. They will melt it down and pay you a % for the actual gold content ... p.s. don't use "Cash for Gold" they will give you pennies on the dollar.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
My google-fu is weak tonight, so couldn't find anything on it. If you're trying to get rid of it, Ebay would be one option (where there's always the small chance of a bidding frenzy.) Just be sure to have very good pictures (especially of that receipt....)

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Zephyr said:
My google-fu is weak tonight, so couldn't find anything on it. If you're trying to get rid of it, Ebay would be one option (where there's always the small chance of a bidding frenzy.) Just be sure to have very good pictures (especially of that receipt....)

Agreed , but dont go cheap on the posting , list it under more than just the gold section , use your imagination..only costs another 15c

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread