waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's not harassing you he's just trying to give you a realistic idea of what your mom's stuff would sell for. Littleton has a reputation for mass marketing of coins to folks who are not normally coin collectors. Also, prices for some series where much higher in the 80's than they are now. it doesn't really matter how much was paid for them, all that matters is what they will bring on the market today.

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
ty waseeker.. and the reason i said harassing me is because every time i post anything he is sending me little nasty comments..

Ty for the advice.. I told my mother today about all of that too.. the pieces came graded already so i didnt know what to do except look up what some of them sold for.. like i said before, i am not much on coins and stuff and dont know all that much about them either, which is y i put the post on here to begin with.. thanks for your help everyone!

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kytrader007 said:
ty waseeker.. and the reason i said harassing me is because every time i post anything he is sending me little nasty comments..

Ty for the advice.. I told my mother today about all of that too.. the pieces came graded already so i didnt know what to do except look up what some of them sold for.. like i said before, i am not much on coins and stuff and dont know all that much about them either, which is y i put the post on here to begin with.. thanks for your help everyone!

Sorry Ky, but those coins are NOT graded. I have many Littleton coins bought in the early 90's and they aren't worth having slabbed. Just because they say a coin is MS-65 does'nt mean it will rate that level from a certified grading organization. Pick up the "Red Book" and take 30% to 40% off the listed price and you will have a fair market value of your coins.

Sorry, but that is the way it is.
Furtunately, thay are worth more than what your mom paid for them. Not much, but at least you can make some profit.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I did not know about the Littleton coins, thanks for all the info about them everyone. I would say your best chance of getting rid of them is ebay. You might get lucky and someone will pay premium for them if they don't know any better. Just list them as what they are and where they came from and then it's up to the buyer to do reasearch on them before they bid. Good luck,

Charlie

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say to you kytrader007 is you can proably get a good deal on Ebay. I do not like public auction as they take anywhere from 25 to 40 percent from what the coin sells for. So if you don't find a buyer then you could always put a couple on Ebay and see what they bring and then you could think about putting the others on. It you have sold on Ebay before they are doing a special starting this month June 16 I believe the date is. Your first 5 listing is free to list but hen the final price that they charge you is 8.75% or $20 which ever is greater. I hope this helps you out....Matt

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
thanks matt.. my mother got rid of some of them and then brought me another big stack, so i did some research on ebay to see what they were going for and i posted them after i got a better idea of their worth.. with the treasurenet members' help, i gained more knowledge on grading and value..

thanks so much for your help!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another option is to figure out a realistic price you would like, then put them on craigslist. No fees then.

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
ok i will look into that also, haven't tried that one yet.. everyone keeps telling me to look there.. I have heard good things and bad things about them...

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find someone who is interested, best advice also is to meet in a public place, or have a friend with you.

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
Yeah, I have the common sense to know not to bring people to my home. I got the updated lot of coins on ebay, after i looked up the values of them.. apparentl mom thought she was going to be a millionaire..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread