Awsome Find (pics)

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
I live in a house previously owned by an 80 yr old couple. When they moved out, they did leave some things. I went in the basment to get the londrey and I saw little indent underneath the stairs. I poke my head arround the corrner and find some very unussual things, but an old jar catches my eye. I pick it up and wash it off, and inside was:
:o
-a ton on Wheaties
1-Morgan dollar
1-Walking Liberty
1-Indian Head penny
2-Mercury Dimes
2-90% Silver Kenedy
2-40% Silver Kenedy
8-Bicentenial Kenedy
-a bunch more old Kenedy but not silvers

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    845.4 KB · Views: 650

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you know the couple? I am betting they did not leave it there on purpose.

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Goes4ever said:
do you know the couple? I am betting they did not leave it there on purpose.
I met them just b4 we bought the house which was about 4-5 yrs ago and I just found it like a week ago.
I looked them up in the phone book and they were no where to be found. I'm pritty sure they said they were thinking about buying a condo in Florida, so, I don't know where they are. :dontknow:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I did not realize so much time passed. Good move on trying to find them, very honorable

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
davest said:
I werk at a condo complex in Florida, why don't you send the full jar to me and I'll try to locate the owners? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
skam...? :icon_scratch: jk
But, I think it wasn't left by "them", it may have been their son's, he also left many other things that they told us to just keep.
He commited suicide in this house and there are his random collections everywhere, ie. sea glass, HIS paintings to name a few...

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
davest said:
I werk at a condo complex in Florida, why don't you send the full jar to me and I'll try to locate the owners? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
If you want, check the phone books for the last name Poplle. I know their first names.

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Give this guy a break about returning those coins! If he bought 4 or 5 years ago, they made out fine on the house compared to what it is worth now.

Great find. I guarantee it doesn't make up for all of their other junk you had to move out of house and yard.

Try detecting the yard.

Fathead

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
fathead said:
Give this guy a break about returning those coins! If he bought 4 or 5 years ago, they made out fine on the house compared to what it is worth now.

Great find. I guarantee it doesn't make up for all of their other junk you had to move out of house and yard.

Try detecting the yard.

Fathead
Ironicly, yesterday, I scanded the yard just to find some good signals. Found about 3 any they all seemed to be near a root.. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread