even more coins

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins! I did a bit of research on some of your coins....

First coin:

Federal Union.jpg

This is a Civil War Patriotic Token. Seems worth some decent money! I found this link:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5789585

The coin with the letter "C" on it REALLY reminds me of the letter C you see in Civil War type of emblems (Confederate). Since we know it is not a real US mint type coin, may be a good idea to crop the picture of that one and post it in the TOKEN section as well as the CIVIL WAR section of Treasurenet.

The three silver coins you have there seem like they could be "cobs" (spanish silver). May be a good idea to post that in the COBS section of treasurenet. There are some fantastic people there than can give you some more detail on those.

As for the coin in the upper left of your picture (largest diameter and has what looks like a shield on it), I am truly lost. Everytime I look at it, I think "sheild nickel".. but the sheild is way too small!

Great coins, and good luck on getting more info!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two are Spanish reales, but not cobs. The other silver is Brit. or Canadian, and the copper at he top looks British.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here you go and thanks for all the info

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I found the same civil war token last year.iIts the one on the bottom right of your pic.I could never fully figure out what was written on the coin.Thanks ! What does the otherside of it read if you dont mind me asking?

HH

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread