State quarters

S

stefen

Re: State quarters

No thanks needed, just drop 8 or 10 of each state in an envelope and forward to 179......Ca 92865 :thumbsup:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the "possesion" quarters are of low mintage.
I've been saving all of the Guam, PR, Virgin Islands, etc.

Scott

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY

allen said:
What has been the hardest state quarter for you to find ?
Not talking about any error type state quarter either.
I can not find any of the Montana d mints, still looking for 4.

I collect the original 13 and I can't find those Maryland..and a hard time finding those little Rhodies

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ahh I was state quarter collector myself I recently realized that each quarter was over produced in the hundreds of millions and probably wont be worth anything in my lifetime cashed 1500 dollars worth at the bank and bought silver instead.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blackbeard1717 said:
ahh I was state quarter collector myself I recently realized that each quarter was over produced in the hundreds of millions and probably wont be worth anything in my lifetime cashed 1500 dollars worth at the bank and bought silver instead.

You're probably right.
Clad Washington quarters have a great ability of staying in circulation. We are now "stuck" with the billions of state quarters. Will the non state quarters be more rare? Nah, Clad quarters are for turning in and buying something else. :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blackbeard1717 said:

I bound two rolls from my bank with the mint wrapper still on. Kansas and Wisconsin I believe. These two are supposed to have error's on some of the Coins. I just haven't check yet....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreedomUIC said:
blackbeard1717 said:

I bound two rolls from my bank with the mint wrapper still on. Kansas and Wisconsin I believe. These two are supposed to have error's on some of the Coins. I just haven't check yet....

I look through my state quarters for the "errors" but am not really sure just what I'm supposed to be looking for... :dontknow:
I've gleaned some images online of some of the errors. Does anyone know of a good website that shows what to look for? I'd be happy to post the images I have if anyone is interested.

Perhaps a new thread is in order titled, "State Quarter Errors."

Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread