1945 S Jefferson nickel mirror proof

frankiefry

May 16, 2010
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV, Ace 250, Tesoro Silver uMax
I have found what I think is a 1945 S Jefferson nickel proof coin. It has a mirror like look to both the front and back, not like a regular silver war nickel that is rather dull. It is pretty worn on the reverse, with no steps and almost no pillars, but the shine is still mirror-like. I would appreciate any info. you nice people can give me about this nickel as I haven't found a whole lot doing a google search about it. I realize the pics are kind of blurry, but you can see how shiny it is, if that helps.
Thanks. : )

Attachments

• 100_0849.JPG
    100_0849.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_0850.JPG
    100_0850.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 492

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It is pretty worn on the reverse, with no steps and almost no pillars, but the shine is still mirror-like."

Circulated and plated at some point.

AthensHunter2

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Holy cow, back off with the camera a bit. How are we supposed to gather anything from that picture other than it's a nickel and it's either been cleaned hard or plated? Almost any digital camera will have a macro function (a small flower icon) that will take detailed photos. If you don't have a macro function, try getting back further than half an inch from the coin/subject.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
DigginThePast said:
"It is pretty worn on the reverse, with no steps and almost no pillars, but the shine is still mirror-like."

Circulated and plated at some point.

:icon_thumright: Yup, chrome-plated for sure. I have quite a few that way. Still silver underneath.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread