1922 No D?

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
Picked this up as part of an old collection for $150 bucks. The fellow (recently passed away) was a long time MD'er many of the coins show environmental damage the same as this one. Other key dates were 31S (looked about Fine) and a 24D (maybe VG) total of 85 coins up through the 40s.

So what do you think good buy?

Attachments

• scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 346

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its the real deal then thats a heck of a buy for sure. There are a lot of fakes out there. Not saying this is. Sure looks good to me. :icon_thumleft:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thanks.......I am quite sure this is not a dug coin, which is good. :icon_thumleft: I am also quite sure that the reverse is considered "die pair #2" which resulted in what's called the "strong reverse", which is also good. :icon_thumleft:

Hell of a purchase, and while some value is lost due to damage, it's at least a few hundred dollars...... congrats!!

HH all!

Greg

OP
OP
Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I think you are correct about not being dug. I have dug a good number of wheats and most have a uniform color. What do you think caused this damage? I'm thinking it may have been in a storm drain or an old sump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread