misc 012.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 798

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
The Munich Conference

Before leaving London for Munich, the British prime minister, Neville Chamberlain, told his entire cabinet and the Dominions' high commissioners, who had come to see him off: 'When I was a little boy I used to repeat, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. That is what I am doing. When I come back, I hope I may be able to say, as Hotspur said in Henry IV, "Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.'" Chamberlain had hurriedly suggested the four-power conference with Hitler as a last ditch effort to secure peace in Europe. Italy was represented by Mussolini and Count Ciano, and the French by their premier, Monsieur Daladier.

This information from Highbeam research
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-185165951.html

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!
That's an incredible piece of history!
Did you find it? Where? What's the story of how you acquired it?

I'd bet it has significant monetary value.
Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Scott

PS. kc10bull, Great ID! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dirt Junkie

Dirt Junkie

Jan 31, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thanks for the info KC10.

I acquired it along with several dozen other Franks and Deutchmarks from a deceased relative who got them when he was in Germany during WWII. The coins are dated from the 1890s to the 1942.

I've been told this type of medallion was commonly refered to as a "Thank You Token" that was given to people who donated to Hitler's political party. Still, as stated in my first post, I have not seen this specific medallion with just the 1938 - 1939 dates. At this point I can only assume it is rare simply because (after 6 or 7 hours on the internet) I am only seeing the March 1938 - September 1938 medallion (pic from internet searches below).

Thanks for looking.

--dirt junkie

Attachments

• hitler reverse.jpg
    hitler reverse.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 752

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends here in the States and Germany who may be able to shed light upon this mystery. I will inquire thereof...
Hopefully with a response soon,

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
Dirt Junkie

Dirt Junkie

Jan 31, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Two more internet hours and a few coin show... still no clues as to what this medallion is. Thank you all for the PMs. I hope we can still crack this mystery.

--dirt

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
Hey, Dirt....

I re-sized the pics for you. Very interesting....hard to believe that monster was a cute baby at one time.

Larry G. :)

Attachments

• fix~1.jpg
    fix~1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 561
  • fix~2.jpg
    fix~2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 547
  • fix~1.jpg
    fix~1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 451
  • fix~2.jpg
    fix~2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 433

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :)

I found your variant of the medal (with the years 1938 1939 only) in a price list:
Look at position 4052.
It is set at a price of 150 Euros (the other one, with full date can be seen at position 4050 at a price of 120 Euros)

4052 Medaille ( C-116 ) wie C-114 aber Daten nur: "1938 1939", Münzamt Wien 835er Silber 150.-

http://www.tieste.de/oldhomepage/militaria/Thematische Angebote.htm

:hello:

PS: if you look on the side of the coin it should say "Münzamt Wien".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread