1862 indian cent rotated die

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
hello everyone. i picked up a whitman indian cent folder at a garage sale that was approx half complete. the folder itself was pretty beat up so as i was transfering them to a new folder i noticed that the 1862 had a die rotation of about 90 degrees. i was wondering if this was an unusual or valuable find. the coin itself is well worn, no liberty visible on the headband. thanks everyone.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. :icon_thumright:

A 90 degree die rotation is unusual and would carry a decent premium depending on condition or course. You do describe the coin but can you post any pics?

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Die rotations were very common on IH cents. If yours is 90 degree that is a pretty significant error which could as Diggin said add value. It's a shame it's not in better condition. Please post a picture.

OP
OP
R

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
thanks guys. ill post a pic as soon as i get a chance but have been so busy i dont even have the energy to take the camera out. the rotation just from eyeballing it seems to be dead on 90 degrees. even in the poor condition is this something i should have graded/authenticated?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your description, I doubt it is worth the expense of having it graded. Still a cool find. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread