Help With Some Of My Coins

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
I am new to detecting and have only been seriously hunting for about six months,In that time ive found quiet a few old coins,pennies,nickels,dimes,quarters,half dollars,etc. but i recently made a somewhat expensive mistake,one of the dimes i had was dated from 1916 and a friend of mine recently told me that it was possibly worth up to one thousand dollars.I had sold that coin as well as a few others prior to learning this information.Alot of the coins that i have remianing are dated from 1902 to around the mid 1950`s. What is the most up to date book available for quoting a coins value from where it was minted,its condition,etc. I know there are some legitimate coin shops that will pay you fair price for coins but there are also ppl out there who are looking to scam the unsuspecting or people who may not know the value of what they have found.A PERSON LIKE ME lol...
If you know of a good book i could purchase it would be much appreciated,If you dont know of any certain book,maybe a trusted coin business i could contact that you have prior experience or a business relationship with could help as well. Thanks In Advance for any information on the matter,It will be much appreciated.

John

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Check into the RedBook. An annual listing of coin prices. These are retail prices what a collector might pay not what a dealer will pay. There is also a BlueBook that approximates what a dealer will pay. Inside each section, they give a summary of how to grade your coin and what to look for.

OP
OP
Lucky13

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
Thanks for the help everyone,It has been most appreciated. And Charlie...That website is pretty awesome. Thanks Again.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread