Detector(s) used
whites coin shooter and my fav the quick draw 2 bounty hunter

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 176

KJW

Dec 8, 2010
The coin almost looks like a proof in the pictures. I would guess it is near UNC if not UNC. A Picture of the reverse would help. If the bell lines at the bottom of the bell are fully struck with no bag marks that brings a premium to the coin. Hope this helps. Kris

Unless it is a MS65 or higher even if it has FBL (Full Bell Lines) most of them that sell on ebay sell for about $10 - $20 depending on exact condition.

Here is a link to an ended ebay listing for a 1963-D Franklin Half Graded by PCGS as MS64 FBL and it only sold for $22. I think it costs more to have it graded than the coin actually brought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-D-Franklin...25?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item27b71c4d21

There are varieties to look into for Franklin Halves (Bugs Bunny Clashes, Etc..). Just google it and you will find some info on the varieties. Most of the info is in books and I don't have them. I really only no about Morgan & Peace VAM Varieties.

Hope this helps. Kris

OP
OP
treasureman1414

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
whites coin shooter and my fav the quick draw 2 bounty hunter
KJW said:
The coin almost looks like a proof in the pictures. I would guess it is near UNC if not UNC. A Picture of the reverse would help. If the bell lines at the bottom of the bell are fully struck with no bag marks that brings a premium to the coin. Hope this helps. Kris

Unless it is a MS65 or higher even if it has FBL (Full Bell Lines) most of them that sell on ebay sell for about $10 - $20 depending on exact condition.

Here is a link to an ended ebay listing for a 1963-D Franklin Half Graded by PCGS as MS64 FBL and it only sold for $22. I think it costs more to have it graded than the coin actually brought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-D-Franklin...25?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item27b71c4d21

There are varieties to look into for Franklin Halves (Bugs Bunny Clashes, Etc..). Just google it and you will find some info on the varieties. Most of the info is in books and I don't have them. I really only no about Morgan & Peace VAM Varieties.

Hope this helps. Kris
thanks yes it dose help we found this in a tin box with 3 other wheat pennys bout 5 in under the soil thanks again for the helkp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread