goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need clearer pictures and dates, but I can tell you that wheat pennies (1909-1958) have value dependent on date and mint. The two copper coins towards the bottom of the picture are from England, while the iron one above those two may be German emergency war money, minted during WWI, but I cannot be sure without a picture of the other side. As I said, it doesn't appear to be anything too valuable, I'd need a better picture, but the arrowhead is by far the best thing in the picture. Good Luck!

HH
-GC

jrc79inNC

Sep 26, 2010
Bayern, Deutschland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need clearer pictures and dates, but I can tell you that wheat pennies (1909-1958) have value dependent on date and mint. The two copper coins towards the bottom of the picture are from England, while the iron one above those two may be German emergency war money, minted during WWI, but I cannot be sure without a picture of the other side. As I said, it doesn't appear to be anything too valuable, I'd need a better picture, but the arrowhead is by far the best thing in the picture. Good Luck!

HH
-GC

You are in the right ballpark with the German coin, but its actually looks like its made of zinc and its a 10 pfennig KM 26. Those were minted from 1917 to 1922 and did not have any mintmarks. The iron 10 Pfennigs (KM 20), had mintmarks along the side of the eagle's tail and were made from 1916 to 1922. The date was actually on the right side of the 10 on the obverse (heads side). The zinc 10 Pfennig coins had the date on the bottom of the obverse underneath the "Pfennig" inscription. Lastly on the zinc 10 Pfennigs, the weight varied from 3.10 to 3.6 grams and variotions in planchet thickness exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread