Possible Value for Lot (Buffalo Nickles)

gowlfman

Jun 21, 2011
My father in Law has 2 gallon jars of buffalo nickles in the basement--does anyone know a good place to sell a lot that big?

Also any idea of what they might be worth per coin? with that amount of volumn

all are circulated probably 3-5 grade with 5 you can still see the date

any help will be greatly appreciated :hello2:

Gowlfman

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
Some coin shops will pay $.10 a coin but I would look through them first for 3leggers, 3feather, and overdates first.

OP
OP
G

gowlfman

Jun 21, 2011
Will do, will take a LONG time to go through. Some coin shop already offered him 8 cents a piece (what he told them will NOT get past forumn censors :) )

Thanks again for your quick response

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
I would strongly urge you to take the time to check them. It may take a while, but could pay off big.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as a coin dealer, i can tell you what dealers will offer you:

$0.08-$0.10 for dateless
$0.15-$0.25 for common dates

if there are no key dates in the lot, i'd just keep them

OP
OP
G

gowlfman

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks Yonico,

Still trying to find time to go through the jars for Key dates, SEMO cup (a big local golf tourney is Oct 8th, after that put up clubs till March and have more time for other stuff :).

Gowlfman

Illini

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2011
gowlfman said:
Some coin shop already offered him 8 cents a piece (what he told them will NOT get past forum censors :) )

Daddy always said to leave a nickel on the table for the other guy (the coin dealer in this case). Some folks never got the message.

OP
OP
G

gowlfman

Jun 21, 2011
Illini,
with all due respect the coin shops around here sell Buffalo Nickles for 1.50 to 2.00 a piece. Could of probably gotten him to take .75 but .o8 was just insulting. :) :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread