Other

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you got a good deal, usually a standard roll of uncirculated goes for about that price. I am not sure what the "value" of the proofs are, but they got to be worth more than a $1.20 if you can find the buyers.

OP
OP
Zephr

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not really looking to turn around and sell them immediately. I'm more of looking to hold on to them for a couple of years and then possibly sell them if the price goes up.

I guess another question I have is, what is the possibility of these going up in price?

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a decent deal on a roll of proof Presidential Dollars, there's $25 face and I assume you get the holder. What's not apparent is the value perception. These coins are not collecting well nor circulating and are being stored by the millions in mint vaults, and the proofs are being included in over-priced proof sets.

So, it remains to be seen if their value increases, but unless the Presidential Program is cancelled or mintages lowered, then they will not move much at all. The only chance IMO, at investing in these coins is buying unopened rolls, since this appeals to error and variety hunters.

The proof mintages are much lower than the business strikes, and are much more eye appealing, so they have a better chance at increasing. I just look at the past modern and high mintage proofs and see them not increasing, even near 40 year old sets, so getting them for face or a little over can't hurt, but as an investment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread