Colonial Copper coins Question

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex + Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv found several Colonial Copper coins (Georgivs Rex, 11 and 111 Britannia) In my redbook they are shown facing to the right, yet most of mine face the left. I read that these were counterfeited alot but find it hard to believe that these are all counterfeit from different locations did the make them facing the left?

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George II faces left, George III faces right.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances are most are counterfeit and it's most likely George II you have, but not impossible to have a coin with the king facing the wrong way. You should post some pictures.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With each change of British monarch they switched the direction the head faced so you may have no worries.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
With each change of British monarch they switched the direction the head faced so you may have no worries.

Not always the case for counterfeits and considering they are more valuable they can be worth the effort, and ID without a picture is just a guess. Maybe a good guess based on %, but a guess none the less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread