Walking Liberty Half

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after on another part of this forum id like some input in a 1944 no mint mark walking liberty half. Its in very good shape i actually may take it to a dealer tomorrow to get it looked tell me what you think. Btw i got it for $10.60

ForumRunner_20120906_215656.png

ForumRunner_20120906_215648.png

thebubbasdad

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coin ... wouldnt wast gas taking it to a dealer... its only worth melt value... add it to the pile!!!!!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So after on another part of this forum id like some input in a 1944 no mint mark walking liberty half. Its in very good shape i actually may take it to a dealer tomorrow to get it looked tell me what you think. Btw i got it for $10.60

It looks like it was heavily circulated and then cleaned or polished. To collectors, that's considered damaged. I'm not an expert on it, nor am I claiming to be, but that's what I can tell from your pictures. The front of the coin looks really rubbed.

This is an uncirculated one for comparision.
http://websitedesigncentral.com/KS-Coin/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1947-D-Walking-Liberty-Half-Silver-Dollar-Uncirculated.jpg

Basically, as far as how much it is worth, it is only worth melt value.

Last edited:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, circulated coin that has been polished. No need to take it to a dealer, I would just hang on to it.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
For sure polished and cleaned. The wear on the coin doesn't match the shine of the coin. As it has done been said no big deal just worth melt.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As beautiful as the Walking Liberty Half's are, it should be considered a sin to melt them. I propose a new commandment. thou shall not melt WL's. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions