Jesse James caches still out there?

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
While I'm sure there are -some- caches out there by Jesse James, his gang and other outlaws, I don't think there are any "huge" caches out there that are easily recoverable.

Look at Jesse's last months, he was in debt from gambling and drugs and looking to rob the Platte City bank for extra cash. If there was an easily accessible cache of hidden treasure that he knew about, he would have simply raided that.

Undoubtedly there are caches out there, but if you look at Jesse's life he was desperate for cash, if there were some caches out there, he would have just dug them up.

Target

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Deer Park/ Spokane, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the documentary on J.J. And the cache and gold bar! Man that got me goin! Just glad to know that there are still caches out there!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw the documentary on J.J. And the cache and gold bar! Man that got me goin! Just glad to know that there are still caches out there!

I saw that too (and must admit that was a pretty cool looking gold bar, although weirdly pitted. Not sure how that person thought it was brass at first... Brass doesn't come out of the ground looking yellow!)

But I wouldn't say that cache was from Jesse James but rather from some other outlaws or members of the KGC (Knights of the Golden Circle)

Caches are alive and well (although seldom posted online or released to the public with the exceptions of ancient hoards in Europe due to the legal hassles involved) and there are no doubt hundreds or thousands of decent caches still yet to be discovered! Charles Garrett has some good books about caches and treasure signs that might be useful if you are interested in caches.

But I'm afraid that there aren't many caches that can be directly related to Jesse James simply because of the state Jesse was in near the last days of his life. Perhaps to another member of the James gang who buried his share of the treasure, but not Jesse himself.

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Dreams, Spirits, Premonitions
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I do believe there may still be some...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread