Public Parks in St. Johns County....

twilli1

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to metal detecting and have been doing research on the area's around my neighborhood that I might be able to hunt. I live in St. Johns County, Florida and the information that I am seeing on the web is really confusing. There is a state park called Trout Creek State Park and there are no signs saying anything against metal detecting. I don't want to get into trouble and want to do the right by our code. Is there anyone out there that might be able to put me on the right path?

Thank you

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I am new to metal detecting and have been doing research on the area's around my neighborhood that I might be able to hunt. I live in St. Johns County, Florida and the information that I am seeing on the web is really confusing. There is a state park called Trout Creek State Park and there are no signs saying anything against metal detecting. I don't want to get into trouble and want to do the right by our code. Is there anyone out there that might be able to put me on the right path?

Thank you

It appears it is not entirely legal, but if you ask a ranger first, he/she will probably let you do it. If it is an archeological site, you have to get a permit, and may potentially be subject to loaning the items to a museum.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Thank you

Welcome to TNet. As a fellow resident of St. Johns county, Trout Creek is not a State Park. It is a county park and public land. Go ahead and enjoy yourself, but be mindful of your activities and limit your impact. Trout Creek Park

OP
OP
T

twilli1

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting frustrated!!!!! Not only am I not finding anything, but when I went to Trout Creek an officer told me that I was unable to metal detect there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread