1936 Mexican coin?

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad has this older coin and we've tried to see what it says and stuff but it's kind of hard to read. I can't get any good pictures of it but I'll describe what I see:
Tails side:
A 5 in the middle of a compass looking design of 1936 and below what I can make out is "vos" as the last 3 letters

Heads side:
Some kind of bigger bird landing on a pile of rocks or a rock pile-like structure with maybe some kind of serpant in its mouth. From what I can read it says:from left-right "E STAD-S --IDOS MEXICANOS" (-'s implying I can't read that letter) I am pretty sure that's what I read, it could be something close to that, it's pretty worn and has the green stuff on both sides.
If anyone could help identify it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad has this older coin and we've tried to see what it says and stuff but it's kind of hard to read. I can't get any good pictures of it but I'll describe what I see:
Tails side:
A 5 in the middle of a compass looking design of 1936 and below what I can make out is "vos" as the last 3 letters

Heads side:
Some kind of bigger bird landing on a pile of rocks or a rock pile-like structure with maybe some kind of serpant in its mouth. From what I can read it says:from left-right "E STAD-S --IDOS MEXICANOS" (-'s implying I can't read that letter) I am pretty sure that's what I read, it could be something close to that, it's pretty worn and has the green stuff on both sides.
If anyone could help identify it, that would be greatly appreciated.

It is Mexican and reads:

¡Estados Unidos Mexicanos!

Sounds like a 5 Centavos coin...I believe it is just like this one???

I know it's silver but don't know how much...others should be able to help identify more specifics!

image-782692940.jpg

OP
OP
P

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
It is Mexican and reads:

¡Estados Unidos Mexicanos!

Sounds like a 5 Centavos coin...I believe it is just like this one???
I know it's silver but don't know how much...others should be able to help identify more specifics

Yes that's the one thanks!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Town,
The five centavos were bronze between 1914 and 1935; Nickel between 1905-1914; and silver (with an exception or two) in 1904 and prior.
Don,...........

Awesome, thanks for the info!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Worth $1.25 in XF, $0.65 in VF, and $7.50 in UNC.

The OP's coin is probably VG or F, so around 20 cents.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Worth $1.25 in XF, $0.65 in VF, and $7.50 in UNC.

The OP's coin is probably VG or F, so around 20 cents.
Thanks for that too! And yeah it's not in the best condition seeing that I could barely read the letters haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread