spending coins

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can i spend coins no longer minted by the us? i mean like v nickels and buffalo nickels and coins minted in the 1800's?

If you are serious about "spending" some old coins- I'll be interested in knowing what you want to "spend".
I would like to offer you the opportunity of not having to go to wally-wrld, micky-mac or where-ever to 'spend' those coins and I would to offer you something over face value. Now if your just putting them into circulation for the rest of us thats' cool- keeps the hobby alive, but you might want to see what you have first. HH

yelnif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Charter Members can sell here.....

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, Since I don't think the OP was trying to sell anything ( he just wanted to know if he could spend old U.S. coinage). So if my post/ offer changed the nature of his post- that was not my intent. My apologies, I did not know that was not allowed- It will not happen again. HH

yelnif

ps, thanks for the bookmark help.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering kinda the same thing- if I have need of a specific coin/coins fort collection is it ok for me to ask? I need x coin x year looking for better than x grade- or is that not allowed only to charter members as well?
Thanks

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering kinda the same thing- if I have need of a specific coin/coins fort collection is it ok for me to ask? I need x coin x year looking for better than x grade- or is that not allowed only to charter members as well?
Thanks

I've wondered as well. Curious to see the response to this one. I guess you could always message someone if you know they have what you're looking for.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
picard-facepalm.jpg

...... you can mail them to me, instead of spending them

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Some coin dealers spend Undated Worn Buffalo nickles and wheaties. The "sales" value is so low, and the possibility exists of making a new collector if you spend it.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking of spending a couple plated V-nickels since they have no value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread