50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The flip side of cheap, WORSE THAN CLAD, modern steel currency "nickel plated"

Dis speaks for itself:

New 5p and 10p coins release FOUR times more nickel on the skin than previously expected and could trigger eczema and allergies | Mail Online

Rashes, Excema, skin problems are being caused by the UK's horrible new steel coins.

this is an actual picture from the article of a british coin sorter's hand who was ruined for life with these new coins.

article-2334006-1A162C40000005DC-573_634x423.jpg

If the US switches to steel coins Gloves will be a must for CRH'n.

EXCERPT:

Your loose change may do more than burn a hole in your pocket.

There are claims it could also give you sore hands because of the nickel in the new 5p and 10p coins.

Doctors have issued an allergy warning over the coins introduced in January last year after tests revealed they release four times more nickel on to the skin than expected.

Handling them regularly could cause the hands to become cracked and sore and also trigger eczema, a study has shown.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew it I knew it I knew it, just anotha' trick up these tellas sleeves to stop us from rollin'

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like we needed more reason to hate these terrible coins. Pisses me off when I'm doing dimes and see that distinctive, impossibly fat rim. Hate them.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Like we needed more reason to hate these terrible coins. Pisses me off when I'm doing dimes and see that distinctive, impossibly fat rim. Hate them.

It's just the new coins that have this problem.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hear ya on that fat rim-

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glove should be a must anyway. I find all kinds of stuff on coins. Blood, feces, vomit, you name it.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Funny pic coin guy. Juice isn't smiling anymore, haha

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just the new coins that have this problem.

Yes Sag, I understood that but just thought of something to ask you. Do the new 5 pence coins still have that fat edge? I haven't seen one yet.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Sag, I understood that but just thought of something to ask you. Do the new 5 pence coins still have that fat edge? I haven't seen one yet.

They still do. They are magnetic now, which may decrease the chances of finding one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread