LAMINATION ERROR PRICING 1991

Ben Long

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this coin roll hunting and i want to know the price range for this Lamination error

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Please Help Me Price This Coin

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see an error. I see possibly glue on the coin. Also I don't believe you can have a lam on a copper coated zinc coin.

OP
OP
B

Ben Long

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it isnt glue its an error if it was glue it would not match the coin lined up the lamiation is the strip coming out i was wanding price i established that this was a error by research im looking for price range

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's try this again. After 1982 all cents made for circulation are of a zinc cent with copper plating, very thin plating at that. If what you have is a lam, then the zinc core would have started corroding long ago. It is what it is, and it's not what you think it is. Sorry.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
B

Ben Long

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey i measured the 1991 regular penny and it was 5 1/2 inches \
then i measured the lam and it was 4 1/2 the penny has been delaminated

WITH A MICRO MEASURE TOOL

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever. You obviously have your mind made up on this. You can't even measure correctly. If it was a lam, with that part missing, then it would be grey. It isn't. You can even see where the glue is covering the area, causing it to still have luster while the rest of the coin isn't.
So you want to know a value ........
One cent

HH
enamel7

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see an error. I see possibly glue on the coin. Also I don't believe you can have a lam on a copper coated zinc coin.

Ben, all he was doing was giving you an honest opinion about your coin through his eyes. He wouldn't have even read your thread if he wasnt trying to help. After all, what you IDing it as is also only an opinion until it has been studied by a professional. But if you happen to be correct and were able to confirm it with your research, then it shouldn't be too terribly hard to do the same for an estimated value right? I'm not trying to be rude but very few of us can say with any certainty that this coin has this or that error and is positively that and nothing else. 99% of members here are very helpful even if they do occasionally come off as a little blunt lol. Hope you are right about it regardless. Good luck out there and HH!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but as previously stated, it is glue or epoxy! If it were a delamination error, then it would be the same color as the coin unless it exposed the Zinc core. Since the color is golden, then it is not the Zinc core and definitely not a retained delamination.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread