l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is pretty much impossible to answer. There are many, many kinds of errors, weak strikes, off center strikes, misaligned dies, filled dies, die cracks, cuds, broadstrikes, blank planchets, lamination errors, wrong planchet strikes, double denomination coins, struck through errors, the list goes on and on. Most errors are not really worth much, but some of the more dramatic ones are. I would suggest a book on errors, or do an internet search on errors.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While there are usually two times or more Dimes minted than Cents, they still have the same general errors for either denomination. Since more Cents are minted than Dimes, it is possible due to the number, that you may discover a type of error that has never been discovered before. However, most if not all of the errors that could be done at the Mints, have already been documented!

I know that there is some disagreements within the Coin Collecting Community but I am pretty sure that RPM's, OMM's, RPD's and Overdates are considered Varieites and not Errors as these are Die related changes or mistakes and not related to the actual Minting or Striking processes.

Frank

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those aren't errors they're varieties. Big difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread